DHS Permits

peter11435

Okay, the more I think about this, the more it does make sense. I believe the big CBR building will be like the hub or central station with 3 branches leading to DHS, International Gateway, and AoA/Pop station in the northern parking lot.

I have redrawn the map to include what we know now (yellow) and what we are suspecting (light green)
View attachment 189637

A couple of points about this:
1) I suspect the International Gateway terminal will be built on the land where the old tram turn around is. Although technically there is enough room between BC and Epcot Resorts Blvd for it be built on that side. EDIT: It has to be the International Gateway side, because corner of Boardwalk Resort Convention Center is blocking a straight line from the tram pivot building seen on the permit to the pad next to BC:
View attachment 189642

2) The line to International Gateway will pass right against where the Ratatouille building will go behind France.
3) I suspect the gondola cabs may be enclosed with similar to Hogwarts train due to the fact that they will go over backstage WS, unless they spend money sprucing up the WS backstage areas that will be visible.
4) Could CBR be in for a total overhaul in theme? I have never seen a gondola in the Caribbean
I'm pretty certain there will only be two lines. One connecting the large square building to the studios. And a second from international gateway to art of animation with a stop at the new property and the large square building along the way. Your map shows a slight turn for this line at the large building but looking at the plans it should be one continuous straight line.

Slowjack

Let me just say that if this does turn out to be in preparation for a Skyway (I refuse to use a generic term like "gondola" when there's already a perfectly good Disneyfied name), it will raise my score for the Iger Era quite a bit, because this would be out of the Old Disney playbook--wonderful in a way that's a bit nuts. Just seeing the cabs pass over Buena Vista would be cool. Of course, there's lots of ways this could still turn into an example of New Disney; for example, they've already introduced the concept of upcharge transportation. Would this be available to all guests at no extra charge?

flyerjab

The permits are definitely missing pieces. The distance between the buildings is to long to go without support pylons and there is no evidence of these on the permits either, so I think this is a case these permits not covering all the pieces.

Dan, did you say that the permit or permits expire 2019? They don't happen to coincide with the proposed opening of SWL do they?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
latest

Star Wars DVC confirmed!

frankc

How about a Vegas type monorail that runs between the resorts there. It's just a train cab on a beam that is pulled back and forth with a cable. I assume the airports ones are similar but don't know that for sure. Would think this would be cheaper than a true monorail train system, would have better capacity, and would require straight lines.

P_Radden

The CBR stop building where the 2 lines meet is the largest building seen so far with this project. Also there is still lots of land around it for future expansion. I wonder if this is a possibility of a new Transportation Center?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, the more I think about this, the more it does make sense. I believe the big CBR building will be like the hub or central station with 3 branches leading to DHS, International Gateway, and AoA/Pop station in the northern parking lot.

I have redrawn the map to include what we know now (yellow) and what we are suspecting (light green)
View attachment 189637

A couple of points about this:
1) I suspect the International Gateway terminal will be built on the land where the old tram turn around is. Although technically there is enough room between BC and Epcot Resorts Blvd for it be built on that side. EDIT: It has to be the International Gateway side, because corner of Boardwalk Resort Convention Center is blocking a straight line from the tram pivot building seen on the permit to the pad next to BC:
View attachment 189642

2) The line to International Gateway will pass right against where the Ratatouille building will go behind France.
3) I suspect the gondola cabs may be enclosed with similar to Hogwarts train due to the fact that they will go over backstage WS, unless they spend money sprucing up the WS backstage areas that will be visible.
4) Could CBR be in for a total overhaul in theme? I have never seen a gondola in the Caribbean

The line from the Boardwalk structure to IG doesn't necessarily need to be straight. The obviously needs to be another structure at the end of the line we haven't seen yet, so it stands to reason there could be an additional structure, or just a tower that bends that line to fit a better route. I doubt they will cover the gondola windows. The only place you would see major backstage infrastructure is as it gets near Epcot, and depending on the exact path it might not even be that bad.

Slowjack

I doubt they will cover the gondola windows. The only place you would see major backstage infrastructure is as it gets near Epcot, and depending on the exact path it might not even be that bad.
To be honest, you could see all kinds of unmagical air chillers and such on the roofs on the original Skyway. I think the magic of being up high, and for me personally, the war between my rational brain and my acrophobia, are enough of a distraction that park sightlines aren't an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom