DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

roj2323

Original Poster
It was in the water management permit.
So it is, and I was even the person to post it no less.
Looks like they are getting started on this massive project Monday January 9th.

capture-jpg.129835

Yellow areas are being filled in and turned into parking and a new park entry.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 24. Straight line winds from a gust/rain storm front came through the Disneyworld area about 3:30 pm local today. In the Hollywood Studios parking lot. How would you like to come back to your car and find this? No broken glass, but probably a few dents and scratches. Good thing the parking row next to the canal fence was not being used. The large tree truck would have crushed a car there.

IMG_9605.JPG

IMG_9608.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

InsideDisney

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 24. Straight line winds from a gust/rain storm front came through the Disneyworld area about 3:30 pm local today. In the Hollywood Studios parking lot. How would you like to come back to your car and find this? No broken glass, but probably a few dents and scratches. Good thing the parking row next to the canal fence was not being used. The large tree truck would have crushed a car there.

View attachment 206783

View attachment 206784

View attachment 206785

View attachment 206786
Geez no wonder why disney world has been removing tree's in all the parks.

roj2323

Original Poster
An interesting observation as I pulled into the DHS parking lot this evening. The new expanded parking area they are building is about 8ft higher in elevation than the existing parking lots.

roj2323

Original Poster
Seems awkward to have parking lots on two different levels. Maybe they compaction is going to take some time so they planted grass to help prevent the soil from washing away along the hill.

Yea it is kinda strange in that respect. The further East you go in the lot however the closer it is to the existing grade. At some point I want to go look at the permit drawings again (as it did have grade measurements on it) and perhaps that will clear things up a bit.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, June 2. I copied the below photo from a previous post to orient viewers to my new photos. This forested area is bounded by a construction fence along Studio Drive North and the pedestrian walkway along the canal. The red areas have been cleared of trees and are shown in the new photos below.

DAXTgXdU0AMNM5I[1].jpg

This is the view from the pedestrian walkway (along the canal) towards Studio Drive North. A wide swath of trees is being removed that parallels Buena Vista Drive. In the background, you can see a white pickup parked on the shoulder of Studio Drive North. It appears the tree line on the left will remain and be the "buffer" along Buena Vista Drive.

IMG_9660.JPG

Along the pedestrian pathway, the red circle shows the start of the cleared area that parallels Buena Vista Drive (see bridge in left background) where the trees have been removed. In addition, some clearing has taken place just behind this fence, along the fence line.

IMG_9664.JPG

A view of the clearing behind the fence line.

IMG_9658.JPG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Photo update as of Friday, June 2. I copied the below photo from a previous post to orient viewers to my new photos. This forested area is bounded by a construction fence along Studio Drive North and the pedestrian walkway along the canal. The red areas have been cleared of trees and are shown in the new photos below.

View attachment 208009

This is the view from the pedestrian walkway (along the canal) towards Studio Drive North. A wide swath of trees is being removed that parallels Buena Vista Drive. In the background, you can see a white pickup parked on the shoulder of Studio Drive North. It appears the tree line on the left will remain and be the "buffer" along Buena Vista Drive.

View attachment 208006

Along the pedestrian pathway, the red circle shows the start of the cleared area that parallels Buena Vista Drive (see bridge in left background) where the trees have been removed. In addition, some clearing has taken place just behind this fence, along the fence line.

View attachment 208007

A view of the clearing behind the fence line.

View attachment 208008

My WAG: Bus lane entrance.

S 2

That would make sense they're building a bus lane down BVD extending onto Disney Springs, right?

Wow I didn't hear that one, nice thought though -- a private road for the buses hidden behind a buffer of trees

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom