DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Peter Pano

If there are indeed plans for a Tangled stage show, which I'd welcome, I think it should be an indoors location rather than Hollywood Hills Amphitheater at daytime. How else would you be able to recreate these iconic effects:
T01.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The stage would put the actors quite far away from the audience, more like LMA, where personal interactions have to be watched on a giant TV screen. That would really take away from a scene like Indy dodging the spikes that shoot out of the floor, for example. I'd expect a lot more vehicular stunts in a revised show for that reason, and of course the stage is already plumbed for pyrotechnics.
That's a hell of a stretch.

As it stands nothing like that is going into the Hills Ampitheatre. For various reasons.

jeswins

Anyone else notice that there is no fp+ availability for Toy Story on October 15th and 16th? I checked and there is still availability on October 10th through 14th. Makes me wonder if Disney is temporarily closing Toy Story on October 15th for work related to the 3rd track expansion.

matt9112

An assumption that is, more or less, correct. The attendance numbers for MK are much higher than the other three parks, which makes it true. Are there exceptions? Sure. But the in the vast majority of cases where the 'only one day' scenario exists, it is true that that one day would be at MK.

He said the Fantasmic theater, not BatB. I don't think its feasible because of the setup of the Fantasmic stage and little room behind the stage, but I'm sure its something they've looked at - reusing the F! stage for other things during the day.

I hope this is not an excuse to the current state of the studios?
"Well everyone only cares about the MK" than why have three other parks....just my two cents.

Kamikaze

I hope this is not an excuse to the current state of the studios?
"Well everyone only cares about the MK" than why have three other parks....just my two cents.

No, one has nothing to do with the other. It was simply a statement that no one is going to WDW for a single day and spending it at DHS. I can see it happening at ANY of the other three parks. MK - obvious reasons. Epcot - 'learning', drinking, great food, etc. DAK - animal/zoo lovers. DHS - theres nothing that would make me spend $100 on a ticket for my only day at WDW to be at DHS. And I'm a SW fanatic.

Bocabear

Well not at this stage of the game anyway....Hope springs eternal though, and maybe one day DHS will be Day Ticket worthy...
but they are a long way away from that now.

WildcatDen

Its not the construction times - its that for some reason people think Disney will just flip a switch and build everything right away. This isn't DLR where they would. Until they prove differently, they will not. They haven't in a very long time, regardless of its 30 months or 36. Both are far, far too long. In reality, they should have a Star Wars attraction ready to go for December. I was wrong when I said it was three movies within 3 years of now. Its actually four. And Episode IX wouldn't be far away. They should be trying to capitalize on the release of these movies, not trying to keep the rides relevant after they've been out already.
Not here to defend @danlb_2000 , but I believe he was simply responding to a comment that said something along the lines that WDO takes 3 to 5 years to build and the point was made that some of the more recent projects took less than 3 years. Now, I will not argue that all of this should have years ago but then again, I am not sure I recall when the rights were procured. It sure would have been nice to strike when the iron is hot, per se.

Kamikaze

Not here to defend @danlb_2000 , but I believe he was simply responding to a comment that said something along the lines that WDO takes 3 to 5 years to build and the point was made that some of the more recent projects took less than 3 years. Now, I will not argue that all of this should have years ago but then again, I am not sure I recall when the rights were procured. It sure would have been nice to strike when the iron is hot, per se.

And my point was that anything above two years should be unacceptable. If Disney put out the money at once and gave the construction crews bonuses for completing construction stages early, it would get done sooner.

Disney purchased Lucasfilm in October 2012.

ToTBellHop

And my point was that anything above two years should be unacceptable. If Disney put out the money at once and gave the construction crews bonuses for completing construction stages early, it would get done sooner.

Disney purchased Lucasfilm in October 2012.
I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks it is reasonable how long DHS has gone without an addition. Had they built the MI coaster, the park would feel much less stagnant.

cba

If that's true and it doesn't also come to WDW......... Oh boy.......
Eh. I actually hope if that's true, that it doesn't come to Florida. I would want to see something new and original come to DHA, not another clone. Why even come to Star Wars Land at DHA in the first place if the headliner attraction is the exact same thing you'd get in Anaheim?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom