DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Travel Junkie

Indeed. It cuts both ways though. While I think it is pointless to condemn DLR for things it is not, I likely think it is silly to suggest that DLR is objectively superior to WDW. They are different resorts, offering differing experiences despite having some similar DNA. It's very easy for someone to simply prefer one versus the other due to their specific preferences and priorities.

Personally, I enjoy WDW more because it fits in more with the type of vacation and experience I prefer. Also Epcot and DAK are probably my two favorite parks, so having them is a big plus for WDW versus DLR in my book. However, to be fair, I'd probably be more keen to visit DLR if I lived closer and could justify going for 2-4 days at a time. As is, the cost and time commitment of the flights for my family means I would tend to do DLR only as part of a larger Cali vacation, which is something I wouldn't do that frequently.

They are very different resorts and both are very enjoyable. One isn’t objectively better than the other. They are just different. It comes down to personal preference. The only point to be made is that a lot of people think they almost the same. That is not accurate.

Kamikaze

To be honest, it's not the number of rides that count... it's how you use them ;)

Seriously though, quality over quantity any day for me. 1 ride != 1 ride - it all depends on what that ride is. We can agree that DHS has too few rides atm, but Epcot has never had a huge amount of rides, even in its prime, and yet it is/was regarded as one of the best parks, and one where you can easily spend an entire day.

I can show you plenty of posts/people on this very forum that complained about Epcot being subpar or worse ever since they started playing with the name of the park. And even more basically from the closure of WoM onward.

I don't post here much anymore, since I no longer go to WDW, but I did go to DLR last year for a BlizzCon/DLR trip, and it was probably the best Disney trip I've ever had.

WDWYankee15

Guys, please remain on topic. Thanks.
Thank you. I got excited to log in and see 3!!! new pages of material on this topic from when I stepped away this morning. Alas I found not one on topic post. I know it is exciting to talk about something that gets you excited, but either find an appropriate thread in another location or start a thread if one can't be found. This thread is already up to 56 pages and very difficult for someone to come in an get a handle on what is happened so far. It makes it much worse when there are pages of off topic comments.

Goofyernmost

Guys, please remain on topic. Thanks.
Well unfortunately with the pace of information coming out about DHS's new look, staying on topic would involve just copying and pasting past posts because there is nothing really left to talk about. This is what we know so far! So the thread dies or struggles for breath until something new is revealed. I vote for strangling it into unconsciousness until there is something new to read. Otherwise it is repetitive or off topic.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Well unfortunately with the pace of information coming out about DHS's new look, staying on topic would involve just copying and pasting past posts because there is nothing really left to talk about. This is what we know so far! So the thread dies or struggles for breath until something new is revealed. I vote for strangling it into unconsciousness until there is something new to read. Otherwise it is repetitive or off topic.

Well we know that Voyage & OMD are not long for this world. Heard that the speculation about them closing at the end of September is off, but we'll see.

Other things you should enjoy while you can (other people's words) would be LMA & B&B.

Not that any of that is shocking.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Alright, what about the other hotels? Simple fact- I'm not paying out the keister to fly out to California, stay in some generic hotel, WALK through the Mad Maxian landscape that is Southern California, for a bunch of rides and not much else that I can't already get in Florida.
Seriously dude? Do it. You'll be glad and possibly never see WDW the same way again. There's so much you can't get in Florida.

Says someone who spent over $10000 and flew over 6000 miles to do so. And I even stayed off site. Plus I'd do it again. And will.

Edit - sorry Steve.

Goofyernmost

Well we know that Voyage & OMD are not long for this world. Heard that the speculation about them closing at the end of September is off, but we'll see.

Other things you should enjoy while you can (other people's words) would be LMA & B&B.

Not that any of that is shocking.
That's kind of what I meant. None of that is new. It's been bantered about for weeks now. Still nothing official and by your own wording, it is all either speculation or prime for change of mind at any moment. It's like the BAH, nothing was sure until they actually tore the damn thing down. Now, speaking of that... is the stage still there? Did we gain anything really? I haven't seen a picture of that area for months so I don't really know. When defining activity in DHS, with the possible exception of minor changes in the GMR and Toy Story, which is only visible for someone with x-ray vision, what is actually happening?

My personal opinion, not backed by any inside information, Voyage is toast, but, I'm not convinced that One Man's Dream will not just be relocated. LMA or B&B I have no real concern about one way or the other. LMA is a very expensive show to run, so I'm saying toast to that one as well. B&B, at least, has been very popular, so I'm having to remain neutral on that one, but, not something that I really care about.

If they are going to make that area, for lack of a better name, a Pixar Place, then OMD didn't belong in there anyway. Pixar was not Walt's dream, it was someone else's. It only makes sense to move it to someplace else. It's not an overly expensive attraction to have as a people diversion and it has a very important part in the history of WDW itself. It would be a crime to just trash it.

WDWYankee15

And what is so wrong with that. When there is new news it will be readily appearant by the appearance of a new post. This is why there are even "notifications" you can get. Spend the "down" time reading and writing other threads. This is not meant to mean but constructive.

Goofyernmost

And what is so wrong with that. When there is new news it will be readily appearant by the appearance of a new post. This is why there are even "notifications" you can get. Spend the "down" time reading and writing other threads. This is not meant to mean but constructive.
I don't recall any way that some new information shows up as a notification. You might get notified if someone likes or quotes you or if any post is made on the thread, (don't have any desire to have that happen) however, there is no guarantee that it contains any new information. If I was really interested in just solid news I would turn to WDWmagic.com for their news posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom