DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

raymusiccity

Ah...thanks for clarifying @doctornick. I thought the question was about ToT...I'm catching up and didn't read back enough. But I still expect the Earffel to stay for the reasonable future, yes. Unless it's in the way of something, there's no reason to (spend money to) remove it.

Wouldn't take much to remove it. It's not like it's a real, functioning water tower. You could almost consider it a prop!

jt04

I'd expect to see

Cast parking move elsewhere

Guests use cast and guest parking

Garage one built

Guests use garage one and guest / cast parking

Garage two built

New cast parking built

Guests use both garages

Original Cast parking amalgamated into park and infrastructure as SW work begins

What's announced so far isn't the end. Park Phases 3 and 4 are not green lit and are dependent on several factors. Please don't ask what and where.

Sounds like they will be adding parking garages on property well into the future. I remember when some said this would never happen at WDW.

Great news.

jt04

I certainly hope so. I was thinking about this earlier; how much potential Epcot has vs how much I actually don't enjoy the place that much anymore. So many easy fixes they just need to throw good money at it.

Exactly. And frozen should accelerate the process.

They seem to be working hard to change guest visitation patterns and I think this will have amazing long term benefits for all the parks including the MK. Gonna take awhile though.

UpAllNight

Exactly. And frozen should accelerate the process.

They seem to be working hard to change guest visitation patterns and I think this will have amazing long term benefits for all the parks including the MK. Gonna take awhile though.

I just think some modernisation here and there in certain places (mainly screen based some of the rides and pre shows look ropey), plussing in others...and a redo of Imagination pavilion and put something in Wonders of Life. Some aesthetic enhancements in places wouldn't go a-miss either. My final wish is to make Mission Space worthwhile; make it genuinely reactive to the buttons you press, HD the screens, change the film and rebrand it as 'mission 2' or something like they did with dlp space mountain. It's potentially a top notch thrill ride.

Slightly concerned that such improvements seem so far away at this moment in time. I want to love Epcot.

jt04

I just think some modernisation here and there in certain places (mainly screen based some of the rides and pre shows look ropey), plussing in others...and a redo of Imagination pavilion and put something in Wonders of Life. Some aesthetic enhancements in places wouldn't go a-miss either. My final wish is to make Mission Space worthwhile; make it genuinely reactive to the buttons you press, HD the screens, change the film and rebrand it as 'mission 2' or something like they did with dlp space mountain. It's potentially a top notch thrill ride.

Slightly concerned that such improvements seem so far away at this moment in time. I want to love Epcot.

M:S is a perfect example of how they limit immersion. A reimagined version would be great. Most underrated attraction on property but definitely needs an upgrade. I still think they are trying to figure out how to proceed at Epcot.

Guess we are getting off topic here. Back to the Studios.

FigmentJedi

M:S is a perfect example of how they limit immersion. A reimagined version would be great. Most underrated attraction on property but definitely needs an upgrade. I still think they are trying to figure out how to proceed at Epcot.

Guess we are getting off topic here. Back to the Studios.
I honestly feel like Mission Space needs to be rethought of from the ground up as a pavilion experience. Went to this great exhibition on Space travel at the Science Museum of Minnesota this weekend and they had this wonderful short film playing and I immediately thought that Epcot needs more stuff like this.

If Indiana jones would come with a ride, do you think that's stage 3 or 4 or never? Speaking of a Indy clone of Disneyland...I would think if this would come to DHS....I want to see a slight change from the WDW version...not the same exact version from DL. As of now the fifth Indy film isn't slated for December 2018...so are we more likely to see something done before that or afterwards? Probably like closer to the anniversary which is 2021 I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom