DHS CARS LAND

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seeing how recently Disney is trying to make WDW the 'true Disney location' by adding lots of franchise themed worlds like Toy Story, Star Wars, Dumbo (well it's called Storybook Circus but it has a lot of theming from Dumbo) and the new Frozen place in World Showcase, they will probably try to make a new type of Cars Land, maybe themed off the second movie with a spy movie style to it and some interactive adventure thing.

Speaking of lands based of movies, how come Universal is more popular by demolishing Jaws for Harry Potter projection junk and no one gives some respect for Avatar Land?

Have you been to Diagon Alley? It was a shame to loose Jaws, but the new area is a worthwhile replacement, it's one of the best themed areas in any US theme park. Yes, the rides are heavily screen based, but that doesn't make them bad rides. The dis-respect for Avatarland mainly comes from people (note I am not one of them) who don't like Disney going with an outside IP when they have plenty of their own to use and/or don't think Avatar is a good movie.

Also, you seem to have a problem with screen based rides, but are you ok with at least one of the two rides in Avatarland being screen based?

Disneyhead'71

Speaking of lands based of movies, how come Universal is more popular by demolishing Jaws for Harry Potter projection junk and no one gives some respect for Avatar Land?

There is a titch more to the area than a screen or two.

559eb9dacae09.jpg

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Another back and forth about Disney vs. Universal for the next four pages. I wouldn't mind a CarsLand at DHS if it was based on the new movie and different theming environment - something different than DCA.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Another back and forth about Disney vs. Universal for the next four pages. I wouldn't mind a CarsLand at DHS if it was based on the new movie and different theming environment - something different than DCA.
I'm on record incessantly for supporting Monstropolis over Cars Land but if they have to do a Cars Land, I'd prefer it to be called Radiator Springs and we get more of the Radiator Springs stores that are interactive. Then have your "E Ticket" and a few Cs and Ds that fit the theming.

*Q*

How about they just build one big Pixar mash-up E-ticket adventure, pull all of the inappropriate attractions out of the other parks, and call it a day?

RSoxNo1

Seeing how recently Disney is trying to make WDW the 'true Disney location' by adding lots of franchise themed worlds like Toy Story, Star Wars, Dumbo (well it's called Storybook Circus but it has a lot of theming from Dumbo) and the new Frozen place in World Showcase, they will probably try to make a new type of Cars Land, maybe themed off the second movie with a spy movie style to it and some interactive adventure thing.

Pretty simple really... the land itself is fantastic. The attraction is a solid E-ticket, just not the best thing they've ever done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom