DHS Aerial View

Goofyernmost

That would be a great point, had Disney decided to make this look like a K'nex roller coaster. Instead they just made it look like a regular old standard coaster with exposed supports.
I hate to keep pointing this out, but, how many kids do you know that would have a themed toy roller coaster toy in their back yard. The theming is the back yard. What the hell else could anyone expect. They are not even going to be able to make it seem like you are a kid in the backyard. The best they can do is make you think that for some reason you have shrunk down (yes, like Honey I shrunk the Kids) because the toy is big enough for you to get on and ride. It is just a fun area not to be taken this seriously. The serious stuff is under the berm at SWL. Please stop trying to make a silk purse from a pigs ear.

roj2323

I hate to keep pointing this out, but, how many kids do you know that would have a themed toy roller coaster toy in their back yard. The theming is the back yard. What the hell else could anyone expect. They are not even going to be able to make it seem like you are a kid in the backyard. The best they can do is make you think that for some reason you have shrunk down (yes, like Honey I shrunk the Kids) because the toy is big enough for you to get on and ride. It is just a fun area not to be taken this seriously. The serious stuff is under the berm at SWL. Please stop trying to make a silk purse from a pigs ear.

Well you're obviously not having a good day. I hope it gets better for you.

Meanwhile you have to take into account that being toy sized is the theme of the land. That's why buzz and woody are human sized in the meet and greets and that's why Andy's bedroom is the theme of toy story midway mania. Have a sence of whimsy and relax. It's just a theme park

Goofyernmost

Well you're obviously not having a good day. I hope it gets better for you.

Meanwhile you have to take into account that being toy sized is the theme of the land. That's why buzz and woody are human sized in the meet and greets and that's why Andy's bedroom is the theme of toy story midway mania. Have a sence of whimsy and relax. It's just a theme park
Do you not read anything that I post. I am being critical of those that feel that the damn toy roller coasted needs to be themed more. I am not upset about how it is being done, I approve and understand what is happening. I was just pointing out that the discrepancies in logic concerning what theming should be is alarming. I probably didn't convey the tone of what I was saying. OK, that's my fault, but, if you think for one minute that I don't know what a theme park is supposed to be then you haven't been paying attention. I was having a great day when I wrote that, others apparently were not. There are people upset because they somehow think that the colors used at TTC are out of date and you accuse me of not understanding whimsy and upbeat design or understanding what a theme park is all about. Oh, and btw, it is wonderful that you can feel that buzz and woody are full sized so that we can "pretend" that we are toy sized too. There must be thousands of actual toy sized people wanting to work at Disney in the meet and greets. When are their rights going to be recognized. Seriously... get a grip. You may have, according to you, a superior understanding of whimsy, but, the grasp on reality is pretty shaky.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
New aerials from Bioreconstruct

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

This and D23 the same day! I am on overload! :)

I know! I was looking at Bio's aerials earlier today on twitter. At least they were posted before the Parks stuff starts being tweeted! I like both your and Bio's stuff for the shadings and arrows to direct my eyes to the permits and commentary are actually stating, the visuals sure help.

It is so helpful to fans like me. ~thanks~

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, are they just going to scrap the whole "Pixar Place" name? Unless they move into One Man's Dream and that area, it's 100% Toy Story. And, there's not a lot of room left to add another Pixar property since Star Wars took over what could ave been Radiator Springs Racers area.

Yes, I imaging that name will go away. I personally think grouping attractions based on the studio that made them is pretty arbitrary anyway.

Movielover

Is that circular pit the Pit of Carkoon? ;)

No, it's Iger's money vault for when this land opens...

upload_2017-8-19_3-14-36.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Since people often see DHS from the perspective of being over the construction site and forgetting that things in the distance look smaller, they then exclaim how the construction is almost the whole park!!!!

But, from a certain perspective, the construction is such a small portion of the park (from BlogMickey)...

I assume you were trying to post this...

I believe this is a preview of a new ride called Soarin' Over Construction. ;)

roj2323

Looking at that I can't remember what is going on in the back left, across the road to the entrance. Why is that all bulldozed?
That's a big mystery at the moment. It's not on any drawings we have seen and even the insiders haven't been much help.

The leading theory is it is part of a bus lane/stop reconfiguration or uber/taxi drop off but no one knows for sure..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom