DHS Aerial View

roj2323

I know it isn't the traditional design of a hub, but, it actually achieves the same result. A spot the branches off in numerous directions directing people to other places. In this case the Theater does that just as much as the Castle does. Things are not always identical in design, but, have the same function.

I understand your argument but I think we can agree that it's a far less efficient design than MK's version. Additionally the main difference is MK has a wheel in that the spokes go to an outer loop that connects everything together whereas Studios only has the spokes currently. once StarWarsLand and ToyStoryLand open the wheel will be back aside from the much needed connection between Animation courtyard and Coaster courtyard. The thing is that final connection WILL happen at some point but everyone is only guessing as to what it will look like currently.

Next Big Thing

You could connect RNR to Animation Courtyard while leaving the offices and parking garage intact. I think that is what @peter11435 is indicating. They only have to be removed if you are specifically planning to build on that land and it's not the only theoretical expansion land in DHS.

Maybe it's just me, but I just think if you're going to mow down the Launch Bay building at some point, leaving the offices is pointless and just taking up valuable space. Offices can always be moved.

peter11435

Maybe it's just me, but I just think if you're going to mow down the Launch Bay building at some point, leaving the offices is pointless and just taking up valuable space. Offices can always be moved.
Absolutely, and someday when they need that space that is exactly what they will do. But until they need the space there is no reason to go though the expense and hassle.

Next Big Thing

Absolutely, and someday when they need that space that is exactly what they will do. But until they need the space there is no reason to go though the expense and hassle.
Oh certainly they don't need to do it now, I wasn't suggesting that. I'm just talking in a theoretical scenario where maybe they use that plot for the next big project at DHS after SWL.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could you do one of these for Animal Kingdom? With Pandora now open I think it is more hub and spoke than the MK.

DAK is a bit hub and spokey, but, there's a huge choke point at the entrance. It splits and comes back together and every single person has to cross that bridge. And then, it only splits into two rather than a choice of several spokes.

But you know, for the sake of "the show" force everyone to see the Tree of Life even though they can't because they have to watch where they're going in the throng of humanity squeezed between two brick walls of a bridge... where they have photopass photographers blocking the way as well as all the other selfie-ers.

upload_2017-7-9_18-51-8.png

Epcot doesn't do too much better. It splits the crowd and forces them back together before giving them three choices...

upload_2017-7-9_19-5-31.png

mm121

LOL. Silly Disney fan thinking Disney actually has big plans.

I feel like we are mostly getting what we're getting now due to Universal stepping up its game

in an alternate universe where universal didnt do anything or very little rather than several big lands of its own, i doubt disney would be be doing much and would be attempting to just continue to rest upon their laurels

most of the new construction feels like 20 years of catching up

MrHappy

I feel like we are mostly getting what we're getting now due to Universal stepping up its game

in an alternate universe where universal didnt do anything or very little rather than several big lands of its own, i doubt disney would be be doing much and would be attempting to just continue to rest upon their laurels

most of the new construction feels like 20 years of catching up
Or the cyclical nature of investments and allocating resources? Opening parks globally, now back to focusing and investing in US parks - more so WDW.

OvertheHorizon

Let's not forget that Disney rushed to open Disney/MGM Studios because Universal was about to open an Orlando-based park.

And much of the current advances at WDW has been a response to the serious upgrade at Universal involving Harry Potter.

Over the years (I'm an old guy), it has been interesting to see Disney become a partial investor in parks in Europe and Asia when they own 100% of WDW, which ought to be their premiere vacation destination. (And yes, I understand that the other parks help them build their brand, create new markets for merchandise and movies.)

We may know more by the end of this year's D23 Expo, but it appears that Disney is poised for development at WDW that will extend to 2021 or beyond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom