DHS Aerial View

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't understood why a parking garage is not on the table for this park, and let the park expand all the way up to the water canal.

Is cost just completely prohibitive for this?

As others have said, garages are a lot more expensive then surface lots. Also if you build a surface lot now, you have more flexibility to expand the park into the parking lot and build a garage later.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I really wish they would keep the option open of connecting ST to SWL. Not making it a requirement to enter the land, but rather a choice for guests. Plenty of room for it.

I was of that opinion, too, until I learned that the Millennium Falcon ride will be like Star Tours on steroids. There's no need for two SW space flight simulators... permanently.

jt04

I was of that opinion, too, until I learned that the Millennium Falcon ride will be like Star Tours on steroids. There's no need for two SW space flight simulators... permanently.

If it functions as sort of an 'opening act' with different theming and especially storyline, then I think it could work. Might even make the Falcon ride that much more impressive comparatively speaking.

truecoat

It would have been great to use the Star Tours simulators as a transport to the Star Wars land. You have to ride the simulator to get to the land but not to exit. Make a new film that's shorter so it would accommodate more people. I know it's not possible and could never keep up with all the people that want to enter but it would have been kewl.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It would have been great to use the Star Tours simulators as a transport to the Star Wars land. You have to ride the simulator to get to the land but not to exit. Make a new film that's shorter so it would accommodate more people. I know it's not possible and could never keep up with all the people that want to enter but it would have been kewl.

It would have been a cool option for entering the land but there is no way it could have ever been mandatory.

wdwgreek

It would have been a cool option for entering the land but there is no way it could have ever been mandatory.
True enough, but it could seven as such a nice gate keeper to the starwarsland. Its such a great attraction, especially post reverb its a shame to loose it.

DDLand

Picture this scenario.

You have a FastPass for Big Bird, and you need to get into Star Wars Experience. You ride Star Tours to get to the land. Hopefully you left ample time for your FP, or you might be late. After your FastPass, you head off to Tower of Terror. Later, you realize no day is complete without a ride on Alcatraz, so you head off to Star Wars Experience. After a considerable wait, you make it through Star Tours a second time and then have to wait a second time for the ride you actually want to ride. After Alcatraz, you realize your FP for Mickey is coming soon, so you head away from SWE. After Mickey, that dining reservation for the new Star Wars Cantina is almost here. You set off for a third time on Star Tours, just to make a dining reservation.

All lands need to act as a part of the whole. I personally am intrigued by the idea of boutique parks using some type of transportive attraction to reach certain destinations. The story would have to be somewhat linear in order to avoid repetition.

These big Disney parks need to be totally accessible. Parks with 15 to 20 Million guests need proper flow of traffic. One off experiences like TSI are the exception, not the rule.

Admittedly, the experience of building a ride to transport you to entirely new world holds appeal. It would perhaps be the ultimate example of putting form over function.

Star Tours represents old Disney's take on Star Wars: somewhat comedic, disconnected from strict canon, and all about taking you to your favorite film moments. Star Wars Experience represents new Disney's take on Star Wars: serious, in line with Star Wars canon to the highest levels, and a new set of stories.

Star Tours doesn't match where the puck is going, which is sad, it will be missed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom