DHS Aerial View

truecoat

The MickeyXtreme blog posted some good aerial photos of DHS. This one shows track being installed for the Slinky Dog coaster. In looking at this picture, I wonder what the plans are to block out the parking garage and other backstage areas when you are riding the coaster?

disney hollywood.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The MickeyXtreme blog posted some good aerial photos of DHS. This one shows track being installed for the Slinky Dog coaster. In looking at this picture, I wonder what the plans are to block out the parking garage and other backstage areas when you are riding the coaster?

View attachment 191172

Yep, already being discussed in this thread and the SWL and TSL threads, seems we just missed posting it in the most appropriate thread. :)

They have definitely put in concrete supports for something that will mask the garage. Not sure exactly what it is but it appears that it will be something fairly flat.

G00fyDad

They have definitely put in concrete supports for something that will mask the garage. Not sure exactly what it is but it appears that it will be something fairly flat.

My guess is that it is for a privacy fence effect. It could look like a very large portion of a privacy fence (Maybe just the bottom boards) that continues the theme of making people feel as if they are toys in a backyard.

DznyRktekt

My guess is that it is for a privacy fence effect. It could look like a very large portion of a privacy fence (Maybe just the bottom boards) that continues the theme of making people feel as if they are toys in a backyard.
My guess is it will be themed to toy packaging or a game board.

truecoat

Yep, already being discussed in this thread and the SWL and TSL threads, seems we just missed posting it in the most appropriate thread. :)

Yeah, I wondered about that. My first thought was that they were track footers but I didn't bother to look at the layout which helps.

DHSCM

View attachment 191172
that blows my mind... I remember standing on top of that parking garage in August on my lunch watching them bulldoze the trees to prep the area and now look at it. ride (sorry I had to) laid out, some track for slinky down. So exciting, I remember this time last year the water tower was still in the process of coming down.

DHSCM

My guess is it will be themed to toy packaging or a game board.
my guess is something big and blocky...I imagine maybe a checker board leaning against the parking garage on an angle, big enough to cover the garage but also make it look like your a toy in the backyard.

Goofyernmost

No but it is part of a foundation. Going vertical doesn't happen until skeletal structures start pointing upward from the foundations. However, if you want to call it going vertical, go for it, it really doesn't matter. None of it matters until it is completed and open for business. It is a small thing really. They are building and it is just a matter of time before they do start putting up the structures, so why not. :)

OldBlueEyes

No but it is part of a foundation. Going vertical doesn't happen until skeletal structures start pointing upward from the foundations. However, if you want to call it going vertical, go for it, it really doesn't matter. None of it matters until it is completed and open for business. It is a small thing really. They are building and it is just a matter of time before they do start putting up the structures, so why not. :)
OK, fine by me.
OBE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom