DHS Aerial View

P_Radden

Looking at those pics I posted above, that expansion pad area is about big enough to hold an attraction the size of Star Tours

HauntedMansionFLA

Essentially where the earth brim will be built per your drawing correct?

View attachment 188178
View attachment 188179
Thank you for clarifying the area marked in green will be in the future. That was the first thing that caught my eye when looking at the land once it was cleared. The need for expansion will occur on day one. Disney can't be dumb enough to not realize what a huge draw they have on their hands. I do see up charge special night events taking the place of the star Wars weekends.

G00fyDad

So why wait a few years and disrupt the park again? Why not just do something now?

Because... (just guessing)
Bob_Iger-Headshot.jpg

doctornick

So why wait a few years and disrupt the park again? Why not just do something now?

While I'd love for them to build as much as soon as possible, there is some value in having the big opening of the land and then the hype of an expansion a few years down the road. It would, however, be ideal to have plans already developed and ready to go for expansion soon after the lend opens so that if it is a "hit" (ha! like it won't be), they can hit the ground running for additional content.

That said, I've actually be of the mind that Star Wars is big enough to warrant a second full land based on a completely different environment. I wouldn't mind them doing that as opposed to simply adding to the planned first land. Would be a way to justify keeping Star Tours, if they had a second land in the Echo Lake area, perhaps with an transport between the two areas.

djkidkaz

They are going to have to expand the park immediately once Star Wars land opens. I sure hope there is still another announcement in the works to be built to expand the park. Studios is going to be gridlock once this opens.

Magic Feather

@Magic Feather @marni1971 what is the latest on Animation Courtyard/Launch Bay?
DJ gets a reno. Launch Bay stays until SWL opens (unless sense comes into management) and LM gets an occasional proposal, yet nothing has yet to be put into action. Lastly, eventually LB will close, and get a new thing, which is yet to be determined, although ther are a number of proposals.

MagicHappens1971

DJ gets a reno. Launch Bay stays until SWL opens (unless sense comes into management) and LM gets an occasional proposal, yet nothing has yet to be put into action. Lastly, eventually LB will close, and get a new thing, which is yet to be determined, although ther are a number of proposals.
If they were smart they'd kick LB out and turn it into a dark ride, if they needed more space they could build backwards? I'm not sure how much space is behind there. *coughMickey ridecough* DHS is going to be a park ops nightmare after SWL opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom