Deustchland Meets Disneyland (or "My Idea For a Disneyland Resort In Germany)

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been thinking about European Disney parks and that the continents the resorts are in have more than one Disney resort (save for Europe). I felt that if Asia can have more than one Disney park, so can Europe. Japan and Hong Kong are closer to each other than you may think. Anywho, in the case of a second Disney resort, I was considering maybe Germany, in the general vicinity of Berlin. It will be located as far east into Germany as possible. It will be the first resort to border two countries, namely Germany and Poland. :dazzle: Anyway, I will post my ideas soon. Look for more to come soon...

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been thinking that some of the main reasons why the France resort didn't exactly turn out as wonderful as hoped. One of the resons why it didn't pan out was that Disney sacrificed the culture. They spent too much money on the hotels alone. And they gave the park too many attractions on opening day. Now Hong Kong has too few attractions. So I was considering having the German park (attraction-wise) being a cross between France and Hong Kong. The German park won't feature as many rides on opening day as France, but will certainly feature a lot more than Hong Kong.

Without further ado, presenting the lands:

• Main Street U.S.A.
  • Frontierland
  • Adventureland
  • Fantasyland
  • Toon-Town
  • Discoveryland

More to come...

dolbyman

hmm a disneypark in germany .. hmm .. nice idea ..maybe the amercians would finally see that we're not running around in "Lederhosn" all day :lol:

you know whats even more amazing .. ? .. you registered 3 years ago .. and now you post 2 times in a row :eek:

:animwink:

mharrington

Original Poster
Yeah, about that... the reason I didn't post anything until now was because I never knew that I actually registered to the website until someone reminded me. Thanks a million.

mharrington

Original Poster
Because it will be located near Berlin, I have officially decided to hereby dub the resort, the Disneyland Resort Berlin with the park being called Disneyland Berlin. Here are the attractions of Main Street U.S.A. (themed to resemble Florida's Main Street, just as Hong Kong's Main Street resembles Disneyland's)...

1. Disneyland Railroad: Take a trip around Disneyland Berlin, with stops at Main Street U.S.A., Frontierland and Toon-Town. Boooard! The station will bear a striking resemblance to the one in Florida.
  2. Disney Gallery: A showplace for the artwork, models, and ideas that have helped create Disney theme parks, theme park attractions and movies throughout Disney's 80+ years of existence. Now showing, "Disney's Magic Kingdoms the World Over"
  3. Main Street Vehicles: Here, the vehicles are Fire Truck, Horse-Drawn Trolley, Paddy Wagon and Omnibus.
  4. Phantom Manor: Set cautious foot inside this haunted mansion and unravel the mystery of the bride who waited for her groom in vain. The spooky walls and pictures tell their own grisly tale. But be aware that there are 999 ghosts and apparitions residing in this estate - be careful that you don't become 1,000! High "spirited" fun.

Also any ideas and such would be great as I'll make this into a fictional guide to Disneyland Berlin.

mharrington

Original Poster
Since I don't really know too much about stores and what should go in them, I'll skip that section and focus only on attractions, eateries and live entertainment. Anyway, here are the eateries for Main Street:

****Table
***Buffet
**Counter
*Quickie

1. Plaza Restaurant ****: Upscale food (and prices) here. This restaurant features something new for those only familiar with American theme parks: namely, German (both West and East) delicacies, local dishes and a set of Western food, all available right here.
  2. The Crystal Palace ***: An exact duplicate of the elegant restaurant found in both Florida and Japan. Much of the menu items should satisfy most people's palettes. Menu items include pot roast, stewed vegetables, seafood, and more. A variety of soups, salads, beverages and desserts can also be found here. Character dining is available.
  3. Center Street Delicatessan **: In true deli style, you can find a variety of sandwiches and salads here.
  4. Main Street Corner Cafe **: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it will offer German-style coffee house classics, like cakes, waffles, eggs, noodles, sausages with sauerkraut and tea.
  5. Market House Bakery *: It's quite difficult to resist the wonderful aroma from inside as it is pumped out into the streets. Inside, you can sample a vast variety of bakery goods, like cakes, cookies and pastries.
  6. Ice Cream Delights *: As the name implies, you can find ice cream here, in cups, bars and of course, cones! You can also get sherbet and a variety of hot and cold beverages.
  7. Station Break *: Located underneath the train station, you can find a slew of small treats, like coffee, cookies, cakes and tea.
  8. Main Street Cookies and Coffee Company *: Here you can find a wide arrange of coffee and cookies, plus a variety of other treats.
  9. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor *: A second ice cream spot, but this one has seating, both indoors and out. And if you sit outdoors, you can get a nice view of Schloss Cinderella.

What do you guys think so far? Next time, it's off to the happiest kingdom of them all. Stay tuned!

mharrington

Original Poster
FANTASYLAND

The happiest land of them all, Fantasyland is a timeless realm of imagination and enchantment where childhood dreams come true. It's a magical place within the walls of a fairy tale castle, where "once upon a time" becomes real and everyone lives happily ever after. Beyond the drawbridge that leads into the castle, classic childhood stories are brought to life in the Alpine-themed courtyard. You can spin about madly in a giant teacup, venture through the 100 Acre Wood, visit all the continents of the world and meet your favorite Disney characters in person.

Without further ado, here now are the attractions of Disneyland Berlin's Fantasyland!

1. Abenteuer von Pinocchio, Die (The Adventures of Pinocchio): Alongside Geppetto's workshop, this delightful ride takes you along the adventures of Pinocchio on his fantastic journey as he pursues his dreams to become a "real boy" with the help of his constant companion, Jiminy Cricket.
  2. Abenteuer von Winnie Puuh, Die (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh): Visit your friends from the 100 Acre Wood for one "hunny" of an adventure. Ride along in Pooh's hunny pot and plunge into the middle of a blustery day. Bounce along with Tigger. Float through a very floody place with Piglet. Even enter the bizarre world of Heffalumps and Woozles. It's a willy nilly silly good time with the "bear of very little brain".
  3. Alice Im Wunderland (Alice In Wonderland): Ride a giant caterpillar down the rabbit hole and into the wacky, topsy-turvy world of Wonderland and meet its many residents, including the White Rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare and the Queen of Hearts.
  4. Alice's Tea Cups: Alice and the Mad Hatter are throwing a tea party to celebrate their "unbirthdays" and everyone is invited to attend! But don't drink too much tea, for things have a tendency to get all topsy-turvy and spinning around at these parties!
  5. Cinderella Karussell (Cinderella Carrousel): Gallop along with Cinderella and her Prince Charming on horseback or on a glorious chariot. This attraction, for the young and young-at-heart, is inspired by the Disney classic, Cinderella. It's a trip toward your "happily ever after", and each and every horse is special!
  6. Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Join the famous elephant, Dumbo, with his oversized ears and steadfast pal, Timothy Mouse, as they take you for a soaring journey over Fantasyland, guided by a magic feather and the desire to make dreams take flight.
  7. Honigbaum, Der (The Honey Tree): Take a swinging ride around the great tree on balloons.
  8. "it's a small world": Join the "happiest cruise that ever sailed" and enjoy the colorful scenery and joyful figures of children worldwide singing and dancing to the cheerful anthem of "it's a small world after all".
  9. Mickys PhilharMagie (Mickey's PhilharMagic): Join Maestro Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and a cast of their pals for a dazzlingly impressive 3-D attraction that bursts forth with amazement! It's a hilarious adventure through movies, music and mayhem.
  10. Peter Pan's Flight: With "faith, trust and just a little bit of pixie dust", your pirate ship will fly you through the night skies of London, past the second star to the right and onward to Never Land. You'll meet Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and other characters in scenes from this popular tale.
  11. Schloss Cinderella (Cinderella Castle): At the end of Main Street, serving as the entrance to Fantasyland, is the storybook castle of Cinderella with its pink and blue parapets and towers. Inside the main hall stairs lead upwards to the gallery, where guests can admire beautiful hand-made tapestries and stained glass windows which retell the story of Disney's 1950 classic Cinderella. A doorway leads onto an intricately styled balcony, which offers a panoramic view of Fantasyland's Castle Courtyard.
  12. Schneewittchen und die Sieben Zwerge (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs): Board a mine car and enter the world of Disney’s very first animated feature film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. You'll follow Snow White through a menacing forest as she is befriended by the Seven Dwarfs and meets a scary witch offering her a poisoned apple.

What do you guys think? Pretty impressive, huh? :eek: :king: :) :animwink: BTW, since this is Germany, it will feature many names in German, just as they are in French in France. Please respond soon.

doop

A park in Germany, wow that would be awesome! As a German student in my fourth year it would be killing to birds with one stone! Visiting the country of the language I am learning, and enjoying a Disney park, what a great idea!

mharrington

Original Poster
A park in Germany, wow that would be awesome! As a German student in my fourth year it would be killing to birds with one stone! Visiting the country of the language I am learning, and enjoying a Disney park, what a great idea!

What a coincidence! When I was in France as part of an end-of-high-school Europe trip, I managed to squeeze in a few hours at Disneyland Paris.:)

doop

What a coincidence! When I was in France as part of an end-of-high-school Europe trip, I managed to squeeze in a few hours at Disneyland Paris.:)
Yeah, I think I'm going on a trip to Germany with my High School in 2008, but maybe we can take a pit stop in france. :p

mharrington

Original Poster
Here are the eateries for Fantasyland:

****Table
***Buffet
**Counter
*Quickie

1. Schneewittchens Gasthof **** (Snow White's Inn): Dine like royalty at this luxurious fantasy restaurant fit for a princess! In the fairytale surroundings of quaint old European cottages, this welcoming Inn from Snow White’s storybook world serves up magical meals from all around Germany.
  2. Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall ***: Like a scene from the Disney classic film, Alice In Wonderland, this restaurant features the fantastical castle of the Queen of Hearts. In the restaurant, you can see the dishes being prepared in the open kitchen. Choose from salads, entrees, and unusual desserts that remind you of Wonderland.
  3. Bella Notte Pizzeria **: Italian-style pizzas, pastas, salads and desserts are the order of the day in this Lady and the Tramp-themed eatery.
  4. Captain Hook's Galley **: A British pub-style restaurant serving fish 'n' chips, bangers and mash and a variety of salads. Located near the border of Adventureland, this restaurant features adventure as well as fantasy.
  5. Pinocchios Dorf-Haus ** (Pinocchio's Village Haus): A Bavarian-style restaurant where burgers, hot dogs and chicken are the norm amid murals of characters from Disney's second feature-length animated feature.
  6. Cleo's *: Named for Geppetto's goldfish in the classic Disney animated film Pinocchio, Cleo's offers a selection of thirst-quenching soft drinks.
  7. Enchanted Grove *: Citrus drinks, ice cream and frozen yogurt are the norm here.

mharrington

Original Poster
ADVENTURELAND

Here the theme is a cross between DisneySea's Arabian Coast and Lost River Delta.

1. Adventure Isle: Bridges are the only means of access to Adventure Isle. Here, children of all ages will find a fun and safe environment where they can let their imaginations run wild. Some of the areas include leaky tikis, dark caves and many others.
  2. Dschungel-Touren, Das (The Jungle Tours): This is an amalgamated cross between the traditional Jungle River Cruise and a land variation called the Jungle Land Trek (riding in safari jeeps).
  3. Fliegen-Teppiche von Aladdin, Die (The Flying Carpets of Aladdin): Climb aboard a magical carpet and take your imagination to a whole new world of fantasy.
  4. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Fire Snake: Follow in the footsteps of Dr. Indiana Jones in a harrowing, life-or-death quest for the legendary Observatory of the Future. But beware - the Observatory is purported to be guarded by a vengeful, supernatural spirit known as the Fire Snake!
  5. Pirates of the Caribbean: During the Golden Age of Piracy, a band of merry buccaneers, known as the Pirates of the Caribbean, ruled the seas and ports... If you dare, embark on pirate boat and take a thrilling voyage back to the Old World of adventure and romance... as well as venture through Port Royal, where you will meet Captain Jack Sparrow and his arch nemesis, Barbossa!
  6. Raging Spirits: As you pass by the vengeful spirits awakened during the excavation of the ruins of an ancient ceremonial site, the bursting flames, encompassing steam, and a spine-tingling 360-degree loop will make it a truly thrilling experience!
  7. Tarzans Baum-Haus (Tarzan's Treehouse): Also on Adventure Isle, explore Tarzan's moss-and-vine covered dwelling, inspired by Disney's animated feature, Tarzan. Explore the Treehouse, conduct scientific experiments and learn the story of this human child raised by gorillas.

That's the list of Adventureland attractions. What do you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here are the eateries for Adventureland:

****Table
***Buffet
**Counter
*Quickie

1. Blue Lagoon Restaurant ****: Have a wonderful dining experience beneath a tropical night sky as you feast on delicious Caribbean and Cuban food.
  2. Explorers' Club ****: Dine under thatched roofs and experience the comfort and traditions of African food and culture.
  3. Casbah ***: At this exotic setting of a bustling Arabian marketplace, a variety of distinct food stalls offer an assortment of menu choices. Flying Carpet Carp specializes in seafood dishes (like carp, trout and herring), the Royal Sausage serves a variety of sausage dishes, and selections of noodle dishes (such as spaetzle) are the fare at The Noodle Charmer.
  4. King Louie's Pizza Outpost **: This is where chattering parrots invite you to pick your favorite dishes: pizzas, lasagnes, salads and more.
  5. Yucatan Base Camp Grill **: Enjoy smoked and barbecued specialties, fresh salads and desserts at this counter service restaurant overlooking an archeological dig.
  6. Boiler Room Barbecue *: Feel like something Asian for a change on the islands of the Caribbean? Look for a small steamship-like counter-service restaurant. A variety of skewered meats are found here, like meatballs, chicken and sausage.
  7. Expedition Eats *: This food cart in front of Temple of the Fire Snake offers sausages with sauerkraut.

What do you think of the park so far? Let's discuss!

mharrington

Original Poster
FRONTIERLAND

Here, the theme is of a waterfront town of the Southwest.

1. Admiral Joe Fowler Riverboat: Cruising along the Rivers of the Far West is this mighty sidewheeler.
  2. Big Thunder Mountain: Hold onto your hats, partners, for the fastest, wildest train ride this side of the Mississippi. Watch out for coyotes, rattlers and other varmints at every turn! And just when you think it's all over, you find yourself inside a dangerous cave-in within an ancient gold mine!
  3. Country Bear Jamboree: This wonderful show showcases the zaniest group of foot-stompin' bears ever assembled on one stage. Guests are invited to set for a spell and listen as these "real" down-home bears put on a un-Bear-ably hilarious musical revue.
  4. Mark Twain Riverboat: Enjoy a leisurely trip down the Rivers of the Far West aboard a romantic sternwheeler. Named after the popular 19th Century American author whose stories about life on the Mississippi River are now regarded as classics, the Mark Twain Riverboat's ornate decoration and authentic design captures the look, period ambiance, refinement and dignity of a stately paddlewheel steamboat.
  5. Outlaw Roundup Shootin' Gallery: Do you fancy yourself as a hot-shot? Then step right up and take pot shots at cacti, trees and tombstones for your chance to be the "Best In the West"!
  6. River Pirate Keelboats: The two classic river keelboats, the Rattlesnake and the Coyote, are still plying the waters, giving guided tours of the rivers at their own steady pace. They might have been overtaken in speed and comfort by the mighty stern-wheel riverboats, but they can take you right up close to the fascinating landscape and roaming wildlife of the islands.
  7. Splash Mountain: Join Brer Rabbit on a hair-raising flume odyessy that includes both a trip through a "Laughin' Place" and one of the world's tallest, steepest, spine-tinglingest waterfalls ever!

There you have it, all the Frontierland attractions. Let's discuss some, huh?

mharrington

Original Poster
Another good set of attractions! One thing about Splash Mountain: will it be like California or Florida and Tokyo?

Well, since Cinderella Castle will be the castle of the park, I think I'll go with the FL/JP version. The one I have in mind for France will be more like the one in CA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom