Desserts Around the World

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Ok this one is for those of you with a serious sweet tooth! I saw this picture post on Facebook by An Open Suitcase and it got me thinking - What dessert or sweet treat would you have if you were doing a Desserts Around the World?

Extra credit - Future World

Attachments

• an open suitcase.jpg
    an open suitcase.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 79

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
American Adventure - Warm Peach Cobbler (Liberty Inn)

Canada - Croissant Doughnut (I know its at the Refreshment Post but its close right)

China - Lychee Ice cream (Lotus Blossom Cafe)

France - Napoleon (Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles)

Germany - Black Forest Cake (Sommerfest/Biergarten) or a Sea Salt Caramel (Karmell Kuche)

Italy - Cannoli (Gelato Cart, Tutto Gusto)

Japan - Kakigori Melon or Tangerine (Kabuki Cafe)

Mexico - Paletas Lime or Coconut (La Cantina de San Angel)

Morocco - Baklava (All restaurants offer them)

Norway - Cloudberry Horn (Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe)

United Kingdom - Sticky Toffee Pudding (Rose and Crown)

Future World - Key Lime Tart (Sunshine Season)

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

No matter where I eat in the world showcase I usually skip dessert and get some macaroons from the French bakery. My DW says I'm set in my ways and I say I know what I like.

slipperalwaysfits

Hmmmm, Epcot Desserts---my weakness is the Karmel Kuche....I will devour almost anything in there! :rolleyes::p
We are going for the Food and Wine fest this year. We printed out the menus yesterday and marked what we were interested in sampling. 95% of my choices were either desserts or alcohol. :geek::geek::hungry:

Simba's Mom

In France, you really can't go wrong with anything at the French Bakery, and I do like the Napoleons. But my favorite there is the Creme Brûlée. In the United Kingdom I like to choose a chocolate bar in the Twinings Tea Shoppe. My favorite are the Aero Bars, which I recently heard are available in some places in the US (but not around us).

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
In France, you really can't go wrong with anything at the French Bakery, and I do like the Napoleons. But my favorite there is the Creme Brûlée. In the United Kingdom I like to choose a chocolate bar in the Twinings Tea Shoppe. My favorite are the Aero Bars, which I recently heard are available in some places in the US (but not around us).

The Framboise from Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles is really good to.

Mark P.

Karamell-Küche (Germany) - caramel bacon square or caramel s'more
Kringla Bakeri og Kafe (Norway) - school bread

But, bookmarking this for future reference... :hungry:

crxbrett

I have a horrible sweet tooth so this is something I would be up for!!!! Maybe do rinks around the world one day and desserts around the world another! I love Norway's pastries. And of course France has amazingly good pastries as well!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Gelato from Italy, most of the pastries in France, any of the chocolate/caramel in Germany, and the baklava. And how could I have missed that sticky toffee pudding at Rose and Crown our last visit?

If it's chocolate, it's finding a way into my tummy....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Coppa dii Brutti Ma Buoni - Amarena cherry and vanilla gelato sundae
At Via Napoli
Some of the best vanilla ice cream I have ever had!

If you like that, try the dark cherry and amaretto gelato sold at Vivoli il Gelato in Disney Springs. Even if I'm stuffed to the gills, I'll make room for a scoop of that utter heaven. Yum. :hungry:

crxbrett

Gelato from Italy, most of the pastries in France, any of the chocolate/caramel in Germany, and the baklava. And how could I have missed that sticky toffee pudding at Rose and Crown our last visit?

If it's chocolate, it's finding a way into my tummy....

Ugh! How could I forget about the chocolate in Germany??!! :facepalm:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ugh! How could I forget about the chocolate in Germany??!! :facepalm:

The caramel bacon square needs chocolate. Actually, lose the caramel and just have dark chocolate covered bacon. The only thing better than that is bacon covered bacon...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom