Describe your perfect day outside of the parks.

Jess G

Trying to plan 1 park day relaxing trip. I was not too happy about it but my hubby has been begging to try it once, he wants to use the money that we would spend on tickets on other things like dinner shows or a firework cruise or something we normally wouldn't do because our time is dedicated to parks.

Any ideas or suggestions?

21stamps

What's your favorite?
#1 Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace!!
I actually prefer the ambiance outside as opposed to inside..anytime there is a ukulele player somewhere I must be nearby ;)
IMG_5072.JPG

#2. Mizner's
It was closed during my last trip, but I think it's open now. When you go while the orchestra is playing it's even better.

#3 (new to the list) Territory Lounge.
Cool ambiance here as well.

#4 Tambu Lounge
Great sushi and wonderful drinks.

#5 (also new to my list) Mad Hatter Fireworks Party
This one is so great bc I don't think a lot of people know about it. It was the ONE non crowded spot during our 2016 trip. You can try on hats, Mickey/goofy gloves, be silly, dance to the DJ, or just sit back and enjoy the view.

Cupcakes and drinks only.
Perfect for a visit after Mizner's or just to have a fireworks ending to the day :)
IMG_1680.JPG

What I love about the lounges is that typically there are less children, especially very young ones.. but mainly I love them because you can order food from table service restaurants without have a reservation and waiting to be seated.
Tambu Lounge is Kona Cafe food
Mizner's is Citricos food
Territory Lounge is Artist's Point
Not a complete menu for all, some only have apps..but I always just order 3 apps and make that our meal.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Trader Sam's service is kind of shady..at least the 3 times that I've been.
Notice in that photo we are still waiting for plates.lol
Atmosphere, food, and drinks are Totally worth the (lacking) service though!!!!

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
@21stamps We ordered trader sams dumplings and drinks it was very good! We are def going back there.

What is this mad hatter party and why have I never heard of it !?!?!

Upvote 0

21stamps

@21stamps We ordered trader sams dumplings and drinks it was very good! We are def going back there.

What is this mad hatter party and why have I never heard of it !?!?!
I'll tell you, as long as you promise to not start a thread or tell the world ;). I like that it's away from the crowds!!lol

Anyway, it's at GF, outside of Gasparilla's on the marina. They set up a drink/cupcake station. DJ booth, table with the fun hats etc.. and bring out the Alice in Wonderland furniture. I think the name is Gone Mad Party.
We didn't stay for the fireworks, kiddo was tired, but here's the view.. I'm positive that watching from there would be beautiful!
I think it's only twice per week..it was listed on my "resort activities" email. I'm sure you could call GF or try find someone with an activities schedule for your month!
IMG_5655.JPG

IMG_1683.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

I'll tell you, as long as you promise to not start a thread or tell the world ;). I like that it's away from the crowds!!lol

Anyway, it's at GF, outside of Gasparilla's on the marina. They set up a drink/cupcake station. DJ booth, table with the fun hats etc.. and bring out the Alice in Wonderland furniture. I think the name is Gone Mad Party.
We went back to the room for the fireworks, kiddo was tired, but here's the view.. I'm positive that watching from there would be beautiful!
I think it's only twice per week..it was listed on my "resort activities" email. I'm sure you could call GF or try find someone with an activities schedule for your month!
View attachment 189624
View attachment 189626
THE SECRET IS OUT!!!!

Upvote 0

21stamps

THE SECRET IS OUT!!!!
Nooooooo!!!!

Honestly what's funny is that I googled it after reading in the email. There wasn't much online about it..one video that looked super crowded and frightened me. Ended up not being crowded at all!
I did tell my Facebook Thanksgiving Week trip club about it, before the trip. None of them had heard of it until then either.
A few went and really enjoyed it as much as we did!

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Nooooooo!!!!

Honestly what's funny is that I googled it after reading in the email. There wasn't much online about it..one video that looked super crowded and frightened me. Ended up not being crowded at all!
I did tell my Facebook Thanksgiving Week trip club about it, before the trip. None of them had heard of it until then either.
A few went and really enjoyed it as much as we did!
It actually sounds pretty amazing. Our next trip is kid free. Would it be weird if two adults show up? o_O

Upvote 0

21stamps

It actually sounds pretty amazing. Our next trip is kid free. Would it be weird if two adults show up? o_O
No! Definitely go! The only kids there were mine, and one other family who had 3 kids..maybe 6-10year olds. The rest of the people were groups of adults. Oh wait, there was one other family with a little girl. So 5 kids total while I was there.
Adults and kids were dancing, 2 CMs came out and danced with everyone. It was so fun!!

Here's pics that I just grabbed off of Google..better idea of what it is than my photos.lol
I couldn't remember the name of the drink I had until I just read this menu! I had the purple grin.. it was delicious! Warning- Deceptively strong!!!
They didn't have the Cheshire cupcake when we were there. :( Or the other desserts. 3 different cupcakes to choose from- all priced at $9.99
Mine was red velvet...it was good..even without the super fancy grin.

IMG_1688.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG
IMG_1685.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

21stamps

@21stamps ... where do i book this?! It looks awesome!
Jess..that's the BEST part!!! It's not any kind of paid event!!! You come and go as you please!!
We went around 8:30ish after dinner at the Garden View Campagne Lounge...stayed til just before 10. We would have stayed longer if my son wasn't falling asleep.
You could do Mizner's and then head there :)

I don't think it's really advertised, just on the GF Resort Activities schedule. Maybe it's on the website, but I didn't see it listed there.

ETA- this is how I found out about it. Try to find a guide for your month.
If you're in a Trip Club someone should have one.
IMG_4781.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
Jess..that's the BEST part!!! It's not any kind of paid event!!! You come and go as you please!!
We went around 8:30ish after dinner at the Garden View Campagne Lounge...stayed til just before 10. We would have stayed longer if my son wasn't falling asleep.
You could do Mizner's and then head there :)

I don't think it's really advertised, just on the GF Resort Activities schedule. Maybe it's on the website, but I didn't see it listed there.

ETA- this is how I found out about it. Try to find a guide for your month.
If you're in a Trip Club someone should have one.
View attachment 189635

That is so awesome and 100% going on my must do list

Upvote 0

Baldy

I was hoping to go to the Gone Mad Party on my upcoming trip (not until the end of august). I haven't seen any reviews or pics posted since last summer. Does anyone know if it's still going on in 2017 and how long it will be offered?

Upvote 0

21stamps

I was hoping to go to the Gone Mad Party on my upcoming trip (not until the end of august). I haven't seen any reviews or pics posted since last summer. Does anyone know if it's still going on in 2017 and how long it will be offered?
I think it's different nights every month.
You could always call the hotel and ask :)

Upvote 0

LIMA TIME

We usually do "no park day" the day we get to Disney, since we break our drive into two days we get there about 11 ish. We make it a point to do something we have never done. We have gone to strike city, beaches and cream, rented the surrey bikes, or just hang out at the pool, then eat somewhere new. Now if Disney only had more options for eating..........

Bottom line it is Disney, i'm sure you will find something and it will be a blast.

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

We didn't stay for the fireworks, kiddo was tired, but here's the view.. I'm positive that watching from there would be beautiful!
View attachment 189624
View attachment 189626
This is so going on my to do list for May. An inexpensive fireworks dessert party. Awesome!! And it is definitely not just for GF guests?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom