Deluxe Studio at Wildnerness Lodge

Tom P.

Original Poster
Hi folks,

Can you clear up some confusion for me? Some sites online say that the deluxe studios at Wilderness Lodge -- the ones that are part of DVC -- have a single queen bed, a sofa bed, and a pull down bed and max out at 5 people. Other sites say that those same rooms have two queen beds and a sofa bed and max out at 6 people.

Which is right? Are there two different types of deluxe rooms? Has something been refurbed and changed? Or am I totally misunderstanding what I'm looking at?

Thanks,
Tom

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hi folks,

Can you clear up some confusion for me? Some sites online say that the deluxe studios at Wilderness Lodge -- the ones that are part of DVC -- have a single queen bed, a sofa bed, and a pull down bed and max out at 5 people. Other sites say that those same rooms have two queen beds and a sofa bed and max out at 6 people.

Which is right? Are there two different types of deluxe rooms? Has something been refurbed and changed? Or am I totally misunderstanding what I'm looking at?

Thanks,
Tom
The only DVC studios that have 2 queen beds are at OKW. All of the rest have the queen bed with the sofa bed. The larger ones have either the pull-down bed, or a sleeper chair to up the occupancy to 5. I would NEVER stick 5 people in a room! My wife and I usually get a 1 bedroom, even if it's just the 2 of us. We did the studio once with our 2 boys (one slept on an air mattress), and that was way too crowded. Never again!

I would like to know what site claimed they maxed out at 6. Not even the 1 bedroom units sleep 6. For that you would have to move up to a 2 bedroom unit, and they sleep either 8 or 9.

Tom P.

Original Poster
The only DVC studios that have 2 queen beds are at OKW. All of the rest have the queen bed with the sofa bed. The larger ones have either the pull-down bed, or a sleeper chair to up the occupancy to 5. I would NEVER stick 5 people in a room! My wife and I usually get a 1 bedroom, even if it's just the 2 of us. We did the studio once with our 2 boys (one slept on an air mattress), and that was way too crowded. Never again!

I would like to know what site claimed they maxed out at 6. Not even the 1 bedroom units sleep 6. For that you would have to move up to a 2 bedroom unit, and they sleep either 8 or 9.
I think I figured it out. Apparently, over in the "regular hotel" (non-DVC) portion of Wilderness Lodge, they have rooms they call "deluxe rooms" that do have two queen beds as well as a sofa bed and can sleep six. But on the DVC side, the "deluxe studio" rooms are the configuration that's been discussed here and sleep five.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think I figured it out. Apparently, over in the "regular hotel" (non-DVC) portion of Wilderness Lodge, they have rooms they call "deluxe rooms" that do have two queen beds as well as a sofa bed and can sleep six. But on the DVC side, the "deluxe studio" rooms are the configuration that's been discussed here and sleep five.
Ok, that makes sense then, though I would not like to put 6 people in a hotel room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom