Deluxe Studio at Poly: Too good to be true? Problem with the ferry whistle?

PeckBobb

Original Poster
I've heard that some rooms at the Poly are disturbed by the ferry whistle, until very late.

Are all rooms affected? Just the bungalows? What about a Villa availability that is listed as "Deluxe Studio - Standard View"? What about a Village "Standard View" room?

I've never seen a Deluxe Studio offered before... and it's $400 less on the five-day package than the Standard View room.

Will I have a problem with this room? Is it too good to be true?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The three longhouses (Tokelau, Moorea, Pago Pago) that have the studios are all in close proximity to the TTC and therefore the ferry dock (Moorea being the closest to the dock.) We used to stay in Tokelau (before it became DVC) in a room near the lagoon all the time and could hear the ferry whistle. Honestly, you get used to it quickly and it is not enough to keep you awake.

If you end up booking, call and make a request to have a room in the south side of Tokelau (furthest from the water) or Pago Pago (not near water at all) and you probably won't notice the whistle.

21stamps

The decor and room layout is different, check out photos of both and pick which one you like better.

Whistles are part of being on the water. If you've lived near a beach, intracoastal waterway, or a city then the noise shouldn't bother you. I actually like it.lol.

Have a wonderful trip! :)

Disone

I was in pago pago July 3-5. The ferry boat whistles were not an issue. I was on second floor, parking lot view, near the side exit that goes directly to TTC. It was fine. Not sure I heard it. I sure if I had listened for it I could have. I did hear the monorail horn twice! Both times in the morning, on the 4th and the 5th, once each. Also a car alarm went off for about 5 minutes on the morning of the 4th for about 10 minutes and that was anoying. The Ferry boats were not.

Stryker

Stayed in Moorea (DVC), lagoon side last October for a week, 2nd floor. Loved the view and everything about the resort, it was our first stay at the Poly. The ferry whistles were never an issue. I would certainly recommend staying there.

We stayed in Moorea (lakeview studio) two weeks ago and we heard that ferry horn/whistle all morning and all night. Loud? Yes. Annoying? Yes. Disturbing? Very much so.

HauntedMansionFLA

I was in pago pago July 3-5. The ferry boat whistles were not an issue. I was on second floor, parking lot view, near the side exit that goes directly to TTC. It was fine. Not sure I heard it. I sure if I had listened for it I could have. I did hear the monorail horn twice! Both times in the morning, on the 4th and the 5th, once each. Also a car alarm went off for about 5 minutes on the morning of the 4th for about 10 minutes and that was anoying. The Ferry boats were not.
How is Pago Pago? Good location? We are going there for the first time in December:)

FrostyNaples

We were in a deluxe studio in Tokelau last summer and never noticed the ferry whistles. I wouldn't let it deter you from a great resort like the Poly!

Stayed here this past Feb. Couldn't hear the boats, however, the noise pollution from neighbors and the large slider glass door going to the balcony was anything but quiet.

Kadiem

How is Pago Pago? Good location? We are going there for the first time in December:)
We stayed in Pago Pago this past Friday through last night. It was awesome...perfect location in my humble opinion. We were on 3rd floor (3122) and the outside view was great (overlooked the path between buildings and it was very 'tropical'). The path to TTC was just outside the building, so hopping over to Epcot was a breeze. Room was excellent; it was the first time we'd stayed there since the remodel. Two bathrooms made getting ready in the morning a breeze with 4 people staying in the room.

HauntedMansionFLA

We stayed in Pago Pago this past Friday through last night. It was awesome...perfect location in my humble opinion. We were on 3rd floor (3122) and the outside view was great (overlooked the path between buildings and it was very 'tropical'). The path to TTC was just outside the building, so hopping over to Epcot was a breeze. Room was excellent; it was the first time we'd stayed there since the remodel. Two bathrooms made getting ready in the morning a breeze with 4 people staying in the room.
Great to know! We are very excited to try something different this time around. We usually stay at AKL. Pago Pago looks great. Thank you for the information. I assume to takes a few minutes to walk over and ride the Poly boat over to the MK.

21stamps

Great to know! We are very excited to try something different this time around. We usually stay at AKL. Pago Pago looks great. Thank you for the information. I assume to takes a few minutes to walk over and ride the Poly boat over to the MK.
I preferred the launch from poly-MK back to Poly. Beautiful ride and less crowded than the monorail. Plus- more comfortable for kiddo to sleep when headed back from the park at midnight ;)
image.jpeg

Kadiem

My pleasure! We usually stay at AKL or Wilderness Lodge...both are incredible. We got lucky with the Poly Deluxe Studio Passholder rate of $314.60/night. Made it 'somewhat' more obtainable to stay at the Poly ;)

It's not too terribly long a walk to get to the Great Ceremonial House. Didn't take the boat launch, but it's not much further.

mj2v

We stayed during the pre-opening in the newly converted studios. I heard it, and it started very early, but it was not too loud in the parking lot view buildings.

The bungalows, however, are VERY close. Many of the DVC steering committee members where in the bungalows that weekend and it was a hot topic at the committee meeting the next Monday.

How that was not figured out during design is beyond me.

Then again, calling them Bora Bora and not doing a Disney Springs like treatment under them was a bone headed move. They would have looked much more amazing...

21stamps

He is just too adorable.
He slept thru the entire MSEP too :(
I'm a little nervous about staying at CR next time. That short walk may feel extra long at the end of the night. Hopefully the cooler weather and shorter park hours will assist with him staying awake until we reach our room. I think I'm going to pass on renting a stroller this year, most of my friends think that's the wrong decision, but we'll see...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

That sounds like our room from our stay in January - we also stayed in Pago Pago. Ferry boats didn't bother us, and since we had the parking lot view, we knew if the monorail was running or not. The only annoyance? The morning sun since we were facing eastward. And some guy's truck alarm went off every morning. We were entertained on occasion by the two vultures that had made the little deck outside the end of our floor their roost.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Poly, if it fits your travel budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom