Delta - Should I take the risk?

microconn

Original Poster
Hi All,

Delta has a fare for 452 CDN return from Halifax for my wedding trip this coming August. All other airlines are over $700.00 CDN return.

Should I take a risk on a bankrupt airline?

Regs,

CJM

Nemo14

Personally I wouldn't risk it for a wedding trip, but if you do decide to do this, be sure to have a backup plan. Check into what fares might be refundable too.
Have a magical wedding!

wannab@dis

In the past 3 weeks, I've flown several segments on both NWA and Delta. I would be more worried about NWA than Delta if you are planning a trip. There were no signs this past week that Delta is in bankruptcy protection. :wave:

jojoyner55

I'm Platinum Medallion on Delta and (obviously) fly them frequently. Just got back from Germany, going back in January, and using miles to take the family to Las Vegas for Christmas tomorrow (My parent's idea). The bankruptcy hasn't affected service, and shouldn't (unless you hear something about a pilot's strike!) Go for it!:wave:

Budahman

This is a no brainer.!! DO IT.!!

I just got back from a Delta flight to WDW the first week of December this year. We bought out tickets earlier when they just announced the bankruptcy. We had NO problems at all.!

I mean flying is a risk anyway - no matter who you fly. Save some money and book with Delta.

FYI, I dont work for Delta or have stock in them either. :)

microconn said:
Hi All,

Delta has a fare for 452 CDN return from Halifax for my wedding trip this coming August. All other airlines are over $700.00 CDN return.

Should I take a risk on a bankrupt airline?

Regs,

CJM

I paid slightly more than $500 per person for my trip Dec.3-13th with Delta, which was the best I could find. In the past I've been able to pay closer to $400 Canadian with Continental. I'd book it with a credit card that will insure the purchase or go through a travel agent and buy insurance on it, just in case.

As an aside, try to keep your head while in the Boston airport. You will have to get off the airplane at terminal A and board a bus which will take you to terminal E to clear customs and then find your way back to terminal A, where you will need to clear security and find your gate for your connection to Orlando. This is because Halifax doesn't have US preclearance (yet) and Delta doesn't have a Customs and Immigration office in terminal A. Also Delta won't allow a duty free shop in terminal A and the other terminal's duty free shops won't service terminal A, so no booze! The connecting flights from Orlando through to Halifax were ok.

Our flights were on time with no difficulties, and the luggage survived, so I have no problem recommending Delta.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, from one Bluenose to another!

Tink

NeverEnufDisney

I think anyone who books with Delta should be ok. The interim pilots agreement expires March 1. Judging from the rhetoric after negotiating this interim agreement, the pilots are unhappy, but resigned to the new reality of the airline industry. The will negotiate an agreement before the bankruptcy judge voids the old one. The pilots' union has threatened to walk if that contract is voided, but they realize that would be the end of Delta and their jobs, unlike the mechanics' union at NWA. Hopefully some of this uncertainty in the airline industry will shake out this year. Be prepared for further fare hikes however!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom