Decrease in quality at BoG dinner?

Sans Souci

I went for lunch back in September and was pleasantly surprised. I had the quiche with salad with champagne vinaigrette. Minor quibbles--the quiche case was a bit too thick and the salad was a pile of mâche. I would have liked other veggies for interest, but still, I would order it again.

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
Just another thing to add for those who are deciding whether to make a lunch or a dinner reservation - we personally felt that the lunch service was much better value for money. The sandwiches in particular are a very large portion, and that with the addition of dessert meant we could have easily skipped dinner that night

Phonedave

It gets amazing reviews all over the Internet, but I can understand, to each his own. But as a vegetarian, it is nice to know that Disney doesn't forget us either. So often restaurants make their vegetarian second thought dishes. A vegetarian French Onion Soup that gets the reviews it does shows that it isn't a throw away thought. It is appreciated.

Their Potato Leek soup is also Vegetarian.

That explains a lot, and it acutally impresses me more now that I knw it is vegitarian based. I thought it was pretty good, not great, but pretty good. Now that I know it is made without beef stock, it is all the more impressive. But then, given the volume they go through, I am assuming it is a manufactured base that they are using, and they are not roasting off 50 lbs of root vegatables at a time just to make stock.

-dave

docdebbi

I don't know.....this is how the shrimp and scallops has changed over the course of 2 years. First time, in the most delicious pastry puff I've ever had
DSCN8272.JPG

Now on a sad little bed of noodles
menu_item_image_78.jpg

notice even the vegetable accompaniments in the actual entree...big difference in my humble opinion

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My family and I dined at BoG when it first opened, again in 2014 and then most recently during the summer of 2016.

The first two times we went the food was perfect, our waiter was polite, and we did not feel rushed at all during the meal. However, most recently our experience was almost the complete opposite. We dined at BoG three times over the course of two weeks (2x dinner and 1x lunch) and the food at dinner was cold and undercooked, as well as the poor waiter clearly being run off his feet and so was unable to change the food for us. One of our party's main meals came before his starter on one dining occasion.

At lunch, however, the food was back to the same high standard I had expected for BoG. Im wondering if anyone else has noticed a decline in quality (particularly of the dinner service) since the restaurant's early days, or whether we just went at a bad time. We're trying to decide whether to make reservations for our next trip, but don't want to waste money on a bad meal.

I have always preferred lunch over dinner and mostly due to exactly what you described. My DH keeps asking if we can do dinner at BOG again and I just don't want to use a table service credit on it or pay the out of pocket cost. It is disappointing.

Dad 2 M & M

BoG Dinner ressie still has that Magical feel to many....and I think that influences most of the positive reviews. We've dined there many times, and we were pleased, but not swept away. We only had one occasion where the food was great, the rest of the time it was decent, with only one occasion bad.

We are to the point we go only for lunch, as it IS one of the better QS values on property. We do, on occasion try to walk up for dinner (about 50% success), but we only buy apps...usually 3 apps to share between 2 of us....and we tip in accordance to two full meal purchases.....

Still say Mk is not a TS destination, and think Tony's is close enough to the rest in park to not sweat trying to get ressie elsewhere...

Master of the obvious here, but it is only a matter of time before BoG becomes a Sig and the prices increase. Hopefully that will drop the demand SOME .... ala Le Cellier back in the day

AndrewsJ

The fact that people receive pitiful service but continue to dine 2 and 3 times per trip days a lot. I realize it's mostly for atmosphere. This place was overhype's from the beginning but as long as reservations are sucked up at the speed of light then Disney could care less about service and food quality.

matt9112

The fact that people receive pitiful service but continue to dine 2 and 3 times per trip days a lot. I realize it's mostly for atmosphere. This place was overhype's from the beginning but as long as reservations are sucked up at the speed of light then Disney could care less about service and food quality.

I went within the first month of operation and it was really well done.....im pretty sure somebody on here also mentioned accurately thay grade of meat used was also lowered.

ratherbeinwdw

At this point, the atmosphere is almost the same at lunch. It's such a shame. It was so classy and romantic the first two years. Save your money and go for lunch. I saw a vlog for it last week, and the lights were fully up, the noise was horrible, and kids were running around just like they were on our last visit in December.
I believe that when it was a great place to have dinner, guests were staying too long enjoying a drink or coffee after dinner. They turned up the lights and the entire atmosphere changed. Guests now seem to eat and leave, as we did. I couldn't wait to get out of the noise. And, having under-cooked food didn't help.
I suppose quests who didn't experience it like it was imagined, don't realize how bad it is now.

matt9112

I expected as much, but we aren't really going for the food. We have never been, and we wanted my little girl to have a special 4th birthday!

That will be achieved the experience is still very good but it should be more supported by the menu. You guys will have a blast.

Figments Friend

I don't know.....this is how the shrimp and scallops has changed over the course of 2 years. First time, in the most delicious pastry puff I've ever hadView attachment 195008

View attachment 195009

notice even the vegetable accompaniments in the actual entree...big difference in my humble opinion

Wow...that IS a big difference.
A bit sad to see.

The top photo actually looks like something uniquely appetizing that you would be served at a enchanted castle in France.
The bottom photo looks like....someone puked on a plate after paritially digesting their food.
:depressed:

Talk about contrast.....

-

disney4life2008

I don't know.....this is how the shrimp and scallops has changed over the course of 2 years. First time, in the most delicious pastry puff I've ever hadView attachment 195008

View attachment 195009

The first looks amazing. The second i wouldn't pay more than 10.99 for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom