Decisons-Help me make one

brittany lee

I booked months ago for December 2-December 7th with 5 park days with MM and PH at the POR-Royal Rooms. Today discounts came out and POR is not included so my agent held me Cars family suite at AOA for November 27-Dec 2 with 5 park days with MM and PH.

Here comes the decisions. What resort/time do we choose? Money wise there isn't a big difference even with the free dining at Art because of it being a family suite. Maybe $200 difference. I'm not going to let $200 change our mind for their very first magical trip. So here are the difference that would affect of decision.

Time: Art is the week after thanksgiving. Sunday night to Friday. POR is Friday December 2-Thursday Dec. 7th. It is a birthday celebration. Our youngest will turn 3 on Dec. 4th so we plan on celebrating with either date we choose. What time is the slowest do you think? Pop warner starts December 3rd but does that affect POR and the crowds in the parks.

Interest: We have two daughters. As I said above one will be turning 3 and the other also has a December 22nd birthday turning 5. They loves frozen and Rapunzel and princess galore. That was why we originally picked the royal rooms.

Size: Cars Suite is going to be a lot bigger and the girls would probably think it is neat but is it better than royal rooms.

What do you guys think? I would love the input because my husband as given me free range to plan basically meaning he just wants to show up and enjoy his girls and not have to stress planning.

Roakor

I have to wonder how much more crowded the parks will be during the free dinning vs that first week in dec without free dinning. We are going dec 4-10 staying at POR.

Upvote 0

brittany lee

Original Poster
I have been leaning toward POR- Royal rooms anyway but you guys confirm it!
The only question I really was wondering about is would pop warner cause the parks to be a lot busier than the week after thanksgiving. I know they stay in value resorts so I'm not really concerned with them being in the resort but wondering about park days.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

I'm the odd man out on this one. I've stayed at both many times. There is nothing like the two bathrooms and the little kitchenette at AoA.. The rooms are really cute. If you were talking about adults or older children, then I would recommend POR.
I'm gonna agree with you. While POR is one of our favorites, it seems the OP is concentrating on making the children's trip special and the theme at AoA is a kid pleaser. Heck, I am fascinated by it all, including the big blue pool.
So for us, without kids...POR all day. With kids and for the over the top, whimsical theme and extra space...AoA.
It is one of those very nice choices though. Can't really go wrong either way.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

I'd stick w riverside, stayed at Riverside a few times past few months and AoA last week. It's a nice resort but IMHO the two don't really compare
But are you considering it just from your adult perspective without considering the two little ones? I don't think the two resorts compare either, but we don't have kids at our house unless you count me. Now, if we did, I am sure they would be happy at POR, but would they be more wowed at AoA?

Upvote 0

bee

What a great choice to have!! You can't go wrong either way and there are certainly pros and cons to each.

I would go with POR because the little ones will enjoy the magic of a royal room.

Not much else to add other than my birthday is also December 22. I'm a few years older than your daughter though.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

But are you considering it just from your adult perspective without considering the two little ones? I don't think the two resorts compare either, but we don't have kids at our house unless you count me. Now, if we did, I am sure they would be happy at POR, but would they be more wowed at AoA?
I've stayed at both with my little nephews and with my gf and I think they'd be happy at either, both are pretty kid friendly

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Never been to AofA yet. POR is a nice resort, and a bit cheaper, but it's moderate, so it has a table service restaurant on site. I guess I would stick with POR. But like others have said, you just can't go wrong with either choice! Have fun!:)

Upvote 0

lemon meringue

In regard to the OP's question about Pop Warner increasing the park crowds, I was in all four parks last December while the Pop Warner event was taking place. I too was concerned before we left home but once we were there I never even noticed them. I will say though, we went four times in 2015 for a week and it was never UN crowded. I don't think Disney parks really ever have sparse crowds these days except maybe during and right after a serious downpour.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

@brittany lee I actually prefer POR but I'd have to go with AOA on this one. The Sun-Fri will be less busy. The larger space with your own bedroom after the kiddos fall asleep sounds heavenly. Plus your kids will love the over the top statues at AOA plus I heard that if you go underwater at the AOA pool you can hear music playing. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

A few random AoA pics from our trip:

AoA.jpg

AoA2.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom