December Crowds

meganwdw

We've been the week after Thanksgiving and well into the first week of December, but how are the crowds the week before Christmas? We have a trip lined up for the 14-22. Since this will be our 2nd trip this year we won't be rushing around to fit everything in, but just do our favorite stuff, eat ALOT, and enjoy all the holiday festivities!!

tem325

I think it all depends on when Christmas falls on the calendar---last year, Christmas was a Friday. We were there Dec 16-20 and the 19th and 20th were a Sat & Sun before Christmas and those two days WERE PACKED!!!! Sunday was worse. The 16-18 were pretty manageable. Thankfully, on Sunday (our getaway day) we had three great fast passes in the morning and a great lunch booked, then hopped on the Magical Express to depart around 3.

Because most schools only had school Mon & Tues (maybe Wed) last year before Christmas, I bet a lot of families take their kids out of school for a few days and get down there by Sat, spend almost a full week (or maybe thru the holiday).

This year, because Christmas is a Sunday, most families will be filing into WDW after the holiday I would bet. Sure, some people will bring their kids down there the week before, but their kids will be in school through 12/23 on Friday.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Crowds those 2 weeks right before Christmas and after are crowded. We generally try to go when you've stated you go the 1st couple weeks after thanksgiving. But we just did this this last December and crowds were a lot more crowded than they were 3 years previous to then. Someone told me it was partially do to it being the last week Florida residence could go during the holidays before blacked out for them.

Upvote 0

Huglife

I'm going Dec 11-17th. I used to go around this time every year with free dining and never had unmanageable crowds but I am a little worried this year. It seems the crowds have increased from what I've been reading. I'm also bummed about Osborne Lights. :(

Upvote 0

tractor tipper

I'm going Dec 11-17th. I used to go around this time every year with free dining and never had unmanageable crowds but I am a little worried this year. It seems the crowds have increased from what I've been reading. I'm also bummed about Osborne Lights. :(
You should be fine. Most colleges and grade schools let out after the 16th. Actually a lot of the grade schools show getting out on Wed. with some of them even going to Fri. before Christmas. Have fun.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

It has been a couple of years since we were there at Christmas. We stayed the week before and left on the 26th or 27th. Even though we are a firm believers that there is no more slow times we did however see a very noticeable difference in traffic starting on Christmas day. Between all of the locals visiting on Christmas and everybody else coming in right after Christmas is was probably the busiest we had ever seen it! That said, there is just something about MK and WDW at/on Christmas. We would do it again without question.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom