December Crowds

meganwdw

We've been the week after Thanksgiving and well into the first week of December, but how are the crowds the week before Christmas? We have a trip lined up for the 14-22. Since this will be our 2nd trip this year we won't be rushing around to fit everything in, but just do our favorite stuff, eat ALOT, and enjoy all the holiday festivities!!

sheriffwoody

They were high when we were there in 2014, but if you are prepared, it's fine. I feel like only 2-3 days of ours were really bad, and the rest were manageable. The Christmas party was WOAH...I was feeling crazy overwhelmed, but it was our first one. I'd like to try again sometime with some mental preparation ;) haha

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Still will be lower crowds but towards the end of your trip you may start to see an increase. Florida a lot of schools are getting out earlier for Christmas break around the 16th give or take so it could be a little more crowded than normal for your dates this year. We love all weeks leading up to Christmas and is our fave time. You will be fine just take advantage of FP's and make all your dining at 180 etc. Hope you have an awesome trip! We will be back in December 2017 ourselves for 2 weeks around that time again. :)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have traveled that week for the past 5 years and since 2014 (as @sheriffwoody pointed out) the crowds have been very high (think summer or any holiday period), especially at MK. Just want you to be mentally prepared and not expect short waits for attractions or dining in quick service locations. With proper planning, you'll be fine. And if it ends up being less crowded than you expect, that's a bonus! :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
@sxeensweet @Tuvalu I'll be there December 10-17.. Should I as well expect super high crowd levels or do you think I will just miss them?

I personally think you'll be fine we have left on the 16th or 17th numerous times and it was not bad at all in the last several years. Just you never know but being your leaving almost a week before OP I think you'll be okay. :)

Upvote 0

tractor tipper

Been checking major city school and college sites most are in school till the 16th. Colleges usually are out a week earlier but with Christmas on a Sunday it throws things out of wack. Will be going Jan 4-11 because of this with college kids. Grad present.

Upvote 0

meganwdw

Original Poster
Personally, I am super excited, crowded or not!!! I absolutely love WDW during the holidays! The sights, the sounds, the treats, the Jingle Cruise for goodness sake, and MVMCP! Even without the Osbourne lights, it is going to be super magical! Bring on the holiday season!!

Upvote 0

Jess G

Free dining time and the food and wine festival with the Halloween/Christmas party thrown in there have never frightened us away! Besides, we are going just to enjoy the season and aren't too worried about getting to do everything since we just went in April.

Same thing with me! I just went in April and I did the bounce back for December :) taking it slow and trying to do all the things I didn't do in spring :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Years ago you'd find less crowding then but in the last several years since more & more guests are looking to get in on the pre-holiday weeks , the number of guests have increased and its gotten much buzier. People are not hesitating to take their kids out of school in the hopes of hitting a slow time with less lines. I think those times are long gone. Be prepared for finding it buzier than you expect.

Upvote 0

disneylover97

I was there in 2015 from Dec 16-18 and personally I felt the crowds were not that bad (maybe compared to those in July - where it is HOT and crowded). The temp was nice, the decorations were beautiful, and the crowds/lines were not horrible like the summer months.

enjoy your time in the world :) the decorations are absolutely amazing during Christmas time!

Upvote 0

cslafferty

We usually go the first full week in Dec. and the crowds aren't bad at all, except for the Pop Warner kids in the evenings. This year we're going the second week (Dec. 11-17). I don't expect crowds to get bad until after the 16th when the kids get out of school.

Upvote 0

Beckett

I have visited twice during Christmas, and it IS crowded, but I have always gotten to ride everything I wanted with careful planning and in my opinion it is the most beautiful time of the year to visit! :)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Second week in December wasn't bad. The only supercrowded day was when we went to MK on a non-MVMCP day because it seemed like everyone wanted to be there on day that they could stay for the evening parade and fireworks if they didn't have party tickets.

Upvote 0

71dsp

Personally, I am super excited, crowded or not!!! I absolutely love WDW during the holidays! The sights, the sounds, the treats, the Jingle Cruise for goodness sake, and MVMCP! Even without the Osbourne lights, it is going to be super magical! Bring on the holiday season!!

I'm with you!! :) It's our favorite time to go!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom