1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

December 2018 Trip?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by JillC LI, Sep 11, 2017.

  1. JillC LI

    JillC LI Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Messages:
    5,557
    Likes Received:
    4,558
    Contemplating a trip for December 2018. For the first time ever, we would have to go during the holidays. I was thinking of 2 days at Uni (12/21-22), and then WDW from December 23-27. What will we experience in terms of being able to enjoy attractions at WDW? I know I can lock in at least 3 FP+s per day. If I arrive before rope drop, I'm assuming I can probably do 1 or 2 more big attractions on standby, right? And then the rest of the day will be up to chance.

    We've been to WDW in early December so we've already seen lots of the holiday decorations in the parks and resorts, and we're not into spending much time lounging by the pool at the resort, so if I'm going to make the trip, I want to know that we can enjoy the parks (understanding that it will be more crowded than we are used to) or else we'll skip the trip that year. On the fence.
     
  2. DisneyBound2017

    DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2017
    Messages:
    697
    Likes Received:
    2,373
    From my experience, about 75% of the users on this forum will tell you to skip the trip since that is an option. The other 25% will tell you that even though it's wall to wall people it will still be super magical.

    A couple thoughts for consideration:
    - Rope drop during that week last year was at 7 am every day for MK, which means you would need to get to the parks by 6-6:30
    - Big crowds mean long lines for everything, including fast pass queues and quick service restaurants and bathrooms and snack carts. Everything.
     
    JillC LI likes this.
  3. TXDisney

    TXDisney Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,197
    Likes Received:
    837
    We are early December goers to WDW and even the crowds then aren't as low as they used to be. Totally get if the holidays are the only time you can go, but be prepared for very heavy crowds.
     
    JillC LI likes this.
  4. JillC LI

    JillC LI Well-Known Member Original Poster

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Messages:
    5,557
    Likes Received:
    4,558
    Is it 7am rope drop at the other parks too? We could deal with that if it meant we could get in a few rides without FPs in the mornings and save our FPs for the afternoons. We are not Disney night owls so early mornings are ok. For ezample, I was thinking about strategy for AK where I want to try FOP, Navi, and ROL for the first time. Our family also loves E:E, Safari, and Dinosaur. So I was thinking that we could go before rope drop, go straight to Navi and ride without a FP, go straight to Dinosaur and ride without a FP, and then use FPs for E:E, Safari, and FOP. Then we could book a dinner package to ensure seating at ROL. Is that a realistic plan for that week?
     

Share This Page