Dec 31-Jan 3 What in the heck am I thinking

danpam1024

Original Poster
So, just booked another trip- 3 nights in a king suite at RP- super excited- never stayed there. Our kid was being a jerk last month on our HHN trip, so there were things we wanted to do and didn't simply to ease the tension (teenagers- yuck:rolleyes:). I'm off my booking high and now the reality is setting in- what am I thinking?!?!?!? It's going to be STUPID CROWDED. We've actually NEVER stayed in UOR during winter break, because, well, it's BUSY! Anyhow- what tips do I need for RP???? Is Tchoup Tchoup good? Should I make reservations for dinner (I never do)? Does the hotel do something special for NYE? Thanks in advance:D

Fin1018

The wife and I went to Studios and Islands this past NYE for a weekend. Her birthday is on Dec 31st. It really wasnt as packed as we thought it would be, which was nice.

Not saying it was empty though lol. The weather was fantastic as well.

We stayed at RP this past July for our anniversary. It was a really nice hotel and the Express Unlimited passes were GREAT. Especially for the middle of summer lol.

danpam1024

Original Poster
The wife and I went to Studios and Islands this past NYE for a weekend. Her birthday is on Dec 31st. It really wasnt as packed as we thought it would be, which was nice.

Not saying it was empty though lol. The weather was fantastic as well.

We stayed at RP this past July for our anniversary. It was a really nice hotel and the Express Unlimited passes were GREAT. Especially for the middle of summer lol.
Did you do EVE- the big CW NYE celebration?

Fin1018

Unfortunately not. Was planning on it, but a friend of my wife wanted to take us out for dinner for her b-day. We're planning on going again this coming NYE and I want to do the CityWalk celebration thing. It looks like fun and something new to experience.

I should really start looking into hotel reservations and stuff...lol

danpam1024

Original Poster
Unfortunately not. Was planning on it, but a friend of my wife wanted to take us out for dinner for her b-day. We're planning on going again this coming NYE and I want to do the CityWalk celebration thing. It looks like fun and something new to experience.

I should really start looking into hotel reservations and stuff...lol
yeah- tickets are on sale now-IDK what to do.

JoeCamel

RPR is great, be sure to get a renovated room. You are determined to be there for NYE so go for it and embrace the madness that is CW on NYE. You are just a boat ride away from your room so you can escape if you feel the need. I don't know about the in hotel experiences for that night but when I stayed last month it was a great experience and I had 0 complaints

danpam1024

Original Poster
RPR is great, be sure to get a renovated room. You are determined to be there for NYE so go for it and embrace the madness that is CW on NYE. You are just a boat ride away from your room so you can escape if you feel the need. I don't know about the in hotel experiences for that night but when I stayed last month it was a great experience and I had 0 complaints
the video of the CW crowds give me an anxiety attack LOL! that's a LOT of people! I'm leaning towards full out craziness as well.

JoeCamel

Run for it you know you want to. UOR just raised the cost for AP to the NYE at CW by $15. Tells you all you need to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom