DDP Question on kids meals

pooh bear posse

Original Poster
Hi, its my first time on this forum or any forum so please excuse my ignorance on how this all works.
I have a question about the DDP credits. i read in the "Unofficial Guide to WDW" book that a cast member advised someone that if on QS/CS meals you wanted to order an adult meal for a child instead of one of the kids meals that the cast member present would not be able to tell the difference. Does any one know if this is true or not. We have a child who will not eat any thing on the kids menus and we will have to mix match and share at table service but wondered if it would work for the QS meals. Does anyone know a way around this, are we able to top up the credit and order an adult meal for her, if this is not the case.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They do keep track for TS credits, but I'm not sure for QS. I've heard they don't, but can't confirm from personal experience.

tookydo

With our first experience using the dining plan, our kids always ordered from the kids menu, even for counter service meals. When my oldest finally got sick of chicken nuggets and hot dogs, he asked if he could order from the adult menu for a QS lunch. The CM said no problem...only TS credits are separated by adult/child....QS credits are not. Since then, on occassion, they will order something other than from the kids menu for a QS meal. Our last visit was December '09 and this was true then. Don't know if it has since changed.

GeoDonJac34

Children are supposed to order form kids menu, but as far as i know they have no idea if a child orders from adult menu. Of course Disney would tell you you cannot do this. I learned this too late now that my son is eleven and is an adult. (according to Disney)

MagicMegan

As far as I know they have no way of telling kids vs adult meal credits with QS. CMs have even told us this. Table service it will not work, but we do it a lot with my niece since she never eats a whole meal and we just share QS with her.

Prof. Aronnax

They definitely keep track of the TS credits.

As far as QS goes, almost every CM will tell you no you can't. But on the many trips we have used DDP, they have never kept track of them that way. But if you ask first, you're letting the cat out of the bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom