DCP/Seasonal Job

wDwCaitie

Original Poster
I'm a senior in college and did not realize that you could apply to the DCP up to 6 months after you graduate. I applied to the DCP for this Fall on the very last day it was open and have been stuck in Submission. The email said I should hear something on the 15th regarding my application but I've heard if you sit in submission, you're not likely to get accepted. I also applied for a Photopass position at Disney World. I didn't realize the seasonal position was only 150 hours. I immediately got a web based interview, passed, and have a interview scheduled for next Friday for the seasonal position. Should I try to mention that I am interested in the college program for the fall? That would be my top choice. I don't think I would financially be able to only work 150 hours or less. Thanks for any help or insight!

berlioz70

Seasonal is a minimum of 150 hours per year, but there is no maximum. Your scheduled hours would be based on your availability and the operational needs of the department. Additionally, you can pick up additional shifts if you are not getting the hours you desire.

The hiring process for Seasonal and CP is very different, mentioning your interest in the CP will have little impact because it's a different team. The main difference between the two: CPs are guaranteed 30 hours per week, have a housing option, and can enroll in Disney classes. The actual job and work experiences are nearly identical.

If you do not have a need for housing, then I'd recommend going for the seasonal, or even a part-time/full-time position over the CP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom