DCP policy regrding tattoos?

JessicaElizsarah

Original Poster
I have applied for the Disney College Program and Got Accepted into the Web Based Interview Section. However upon realization that I got a tattoo about a week ago on my wrist I realized that this could provide problems for me. First, no i do not regret the tattoo, it was a memorial tattoo for my mother that passed in 2012 from cancer. Second, It is my first tattoo so i have no experience in tattoo coverage. I do know that they offer long sleeve options of most costumes and uniforms, which i would have no problem wearing. However, I also know that regardless of the fact I can cover it they may only allow me to work in certain areas. This highly upsets me because while i wouldn't mind working in Merchandise, I am a Visual Communications Major and Really wanted to work with taking Photos, I love taking photos of people have a good time, and helping preserve memories. Does anyone else have an experience with having tattoos and either working at disney or being in the DCP?

Domosuke

Honestly, I would let the company know about this asap and just be honest.

You said it's on your wrist, so I'm thinking that it's closer to your hand. Because yeah they do offer undershirts you can wear, but that's your arm tattoos, not a wrist tattoo. I don't know.

Maybe something could be worked out, to where your position can be changed, and you can only work in Downtown Disney or something where primarily children aren't going to be seen. Because it's more for the kids why tattoos aren't allowed, but if you worked in a more mature area it should be water under the bridge.

Because if it's on your hand you can only cover it with makeup, and if you don't have an issue with that, then go for it.

However this is of course lying to the company in a sense and going against their rules.

So if I were you, and sadly I should follow my own advice sometimes, just let the company now prior to training and all that jazz about the tattoo and the reason behind it.

Best of luck.

Dasnowz

you have very few options besides long sleeves. tattoo cover ups are no longer allowed. makeup is not being allowed in many area right now due to concerns if it washes off while on stage due to rain or sweat, can get on a customer, can stain merchandise , can bleed through the makeup, get on your costume and look dirty. let dcp know asap. there are roles this will disqualify you from. depending on size can you wear a watch to cover it up? I know someone who has a small heart on her wrist and wears a watch that covers it. Its an option. long sleeves in summer are miserable. you do not know if you are in the program or where you will be. you can be placed anywhere from attractions to photo pass which could be an issue within a water park to merchandise to parking are all examples.. fyi watches in most roles can be white black gold or silver. no other colors.no bracelets. so if a watch will work those are the options to look for. Good luck

Flalex72

I worked alongside someone last summer who had a tattoo just down their arm from their wrist. Only once we had worked together for 2.5 months did I notice the makeup covering the tattoo. Although makeup isn't allowed in some roles, it was allowed in most at the time.

When I was interviewed in person they asked about tattoos.

disneydreamer86

they make a tattoo cover up. its like cover up for your face, but for tattoos. I have personally tried it, but i have been told it works alot. See if you can find one that works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom