DCL transfer question

princessmommy

Original Poster
We will be staying the night before our cruise at AKL. I understand that they dcl people pick up your luggage around 8-8:30 and then you later. We really want to have breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Can we have our luggage picked up at AKL and then be picked up with the other Wilderness lodge people?

Disneyfalcon

I don't believe so. There's no way to guarantee that there are WL people going that day.
But getting back to AKL in time shouldn't be a problem. They won't pick you up there until between 11:30 and 12:30.
You don't have to be in your room when they get your luggage either.

sweetpee_1993

It may be worth the peace of mind to have your breakfast then catch a cab from the WL back to AKL. That's what I'd prob'ly do. I hate the multi-destination transfers when using Disney's transport system. If I can go from point A to point B in a single transfer I'm grabbing a cab. Another price to pay for my ultimate impatience, literally. LOL!

Phonedave

It may be worth the peace of mind to have your breakfast then catch a cab from the WL back to AKL. That's what I'd prob'ly do. I hate the multi-destination transfers when using Disney's transport system. If I can go from point A to point B in a single transfer I'm grabbing a cab. Another price to pay for my ultimate impatience, literally. LOL!

That was going to be my recommendation too. Eat breakfast and take a cab - its not that much money, and it is a lot faster and a load off your mind.

-dave

EOD K9

Hey All. I have paid for my cruise already to include transfers. My wife and I were thinking of getting to the terminal a little earlier than the DCL Xfers do. Now, can I a) cancel one part of the xfer? and b) what shuttle service would you guys recommend/what time to arrive?

princessmommy

Original Poster
Oh good. It's not just me and my royal impatience. :D
thanks for the input! We have opted for a car service to arrive early. Now I just hope to get an early port arrival time:) we are also switching resorts and staying at WL=)

Based on suggestions from another post we are going to use black car Orlando (unless @sweetpee_1993 has a bad experience in September)

Viget

Hey All. I have paid for my cruise already to include transfers. My wife and I were thinking of getting to the terminal a little earlier than the DCL Xfers do. Now, can I a) cancel one part of the xfer? and b) what shuttle service would you guys recommend/what time to arrive?

I wouldn't necessarily cancel your transfer just yet. The first DCL bus leaves MCO around 8:30-9 am, which will get you there right at terminal opening. IN fact, we missed the first bus and got the second bus, and arrived around 10:15 or so and were still able to upgrade to concierge without much hassle. Obviously, this will depend on how full the cruise is and how many people show up early, but we did it in late April without much hassle.

In fact this can be done even if you're staying in a resort at WDW. Just tell Magical Express that you don't have a flight that day but want an early bus to MCO to catch the DCL bus. Then call them about 2 weeks before you leave for WDW and let them know you want to be on a 7:30-8am early bus and they will set it up for you without a flight reservation. Now, you're going to have to transfer your luggage, but if you get off at the terminal B side, you only need walk about ~150-200 yds to the DCL desk and they whisk your luggage away again, to magically appear outside your stateroom later.

But to answer your question, yes you can cancel only 1 part of your transfer if you call DCL and they will refund the money. I don't know what kind of advance notice is needed (I assume 7 days?).

Good luck!

sweetpee_1993

@Viget, I've learned the hard way not to put your eggs in the DCL basket. Last September we took the DCL transfer to the port from the airport. We were the first to check in when the desk opened & on the first bus that left the airport. We arrived at the cruise terminal closer to 11:00, by far not the earliest of arrivals. It was September so we still scored our upgrade but sometimes those buses can delay. We've decided from now on if getting there early matters we'll keep our fate in our own hands. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom