[DCA] Soarin' Around the World Opens on June 17

Stevek

A very nicely filmed version from Epcot by Clifflix. This guy does great stuff so if you haven't checked out his videos, you must run, not walk, over to www.vimeo.com/clifflix . His Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, Original WOC, Wishes and WDW's Fantasmic are amongst the best, if not the best, fan filmed vids out there...all in beautiful HD. Wish he did more.

Stevek

Over the World is ok. It just feels fake compared to Over California. I swear that Taj Mahal looked completely CG. I don't think they would ever let a helicopter get that close to the building. It looked like a picture and not three dimensional. What smell was that in that scene?
I believe another site posted taht the Taj Majal scene is absolutely 100% CG. I don't understand why the bothered then...so many other amazing sites across this world that they could have picked something different.

Figments Friend

So I am wondering why they have discontinued Single Rider at DCA's version of the Attraction.
Has there been any word on why that was changed?
I am curious as I typically take advantage of that since I am almost always on my own when visiting the Parks.

Perhaps this is temporary?
Since the Attraction is 'new' perhaps they stopped Single Rider for the time being?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

-

Stevek

So I am wondering why they have discontinued Single Rider at DCA's version of the Attraction.
I am curious as I typically take advantage of that since I am almost always on my own when visiting the Parks.

Since the Attraction is 'new' perhaps they stopped Single Rider for the time being?

-
I would guess it's temporary, no knowledge, just a guess. Maybe trying to manage crowds differently with the reopening?

dweezil78

-

Maybe because, on a busy day, single rider could often be just as long as the normal wait time in my experience -- sometimes I wondered if it might even be longer!

Stevek

Maybe because, on a busy day, single rider could often be just as long as the normal wait time in my experience -- sometimes I wondered if it might even be longer!
I wonder if that depends on the ride. I've done RSR single rider on many very busy days but haven't had a terrible wait. Could that be due to the difference in loading? So many cars going out at one time and so many parties of 4 that single riders are needed much more?

D

Deleted member 107043

Really? Single rider and FP may be the only reasons I've been on RSR more than once. The regular standby line is almost always ridiculously long.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Can't wait to see the Epcot version in person, but I feel they should have flown into park in the opposite direction with fireworks exploding over the lagoon and the world showcase buildings illuminated.

dweezil78

Really? Single rider and FP may be the only reasons I've been on RSR more than once. The regular standby line is almost always ridiculously long.

I was talking about Soarin'. I think I have exclusively done single rider for RSR since it opened -- it's the only way to go! I will ride it that way until my kid is tall enough to ride at which point I will be forced to get a FP. :)

dweezil78

I wonder if that depends on the ride. I've done RSR single rider on many very busy days but haven't had a terrible wait. Could that be due to the difference in loading? So many cars going out at one time and so many parties of 4 that single riders are needed much more?

Definitely depends on the ride AND the CM. I swear, I think some CMs are resentful of single riders and will literally walk through to the front of the line in order to find the perfect amount of people so they don't have to dip into the single rider fund. The best single rider lines, IMO, are RSR and California Screamin'. Soarin' was always among the worst because if they didn't have much need for single riders, you were then forced to wait an entire show before you could have another shot at the single rider lotto!

yookeroo

I'd imagine a 3 seater ride is ideal for single rider. I bet most groups are 2 or 4 people. Dates definitely are.

Figments Friend

I've always had good luck doing 'Single' at 'Soarin'.
The most I waited was one time last Spring, about 25 / 30 minutes, but the Park was quite busy that day.
All other times I have done Single Rider it was been much quicker.

I find the fastest Single Rider line for me seems to be the Matterhorn.
On and off right away most of the time...that is, when they are accepting 'Singles'.

IJA is hit or miss...sometimes you wait for a long time and other times they wisk you right through immediately.

Same for 'Splash Mountain'.
Typically it's a quick turnaround but sometimes I've had to wait it out.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom