[DCA] Soarin' Around the World Opens on June 17

mickEblu

http://www.meipai.com/media/515786247

I like the Peter Pan ride. TRON ride makes absolutely no sense when it goes outside and it's incredibly short.

Pan looks great! I particularly love the opening scene with the windows opening and going thru the bedroom with Nana floating outside and waving. I would have liked to see an impressive Captain Hook animatronic, a little bit more of Neverland like mermaids etc and a more impressive battle scene but over all pretty cool. Not sure the Captain Hook battle scene on the screen was necessary but maybe they thought it was a More realistic and fluid way to showcase a battle.

Oh ya their London doesn't have those new weird neon lights that they put in DL' London scene and looks much better. Overall feels like a modern day dark ride done right. Looks like it still manages to have the charm of the old Fantasyland dark rides with more modern bells and whistles.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

-

Right....
Back on topic, people!

Soarin' at Disneyland.

Rode it last week while I was in town, and it was a little disappointing as the scents have been turned off.
I had heard a few people mention the lack of scents last month when they rode, and I figured it might just be a fluke.
Nope.
Nuthin'.
It was not just me who noticed either.
I overheard a lot of Guests around me talking about the scents missing while exiting.
Bad show, Disney.

Perhaps they are just not bothering to refill the scent supply since the Attraction is switching over to the new film soon.
Those replacement gel cubes are probably expensive....

#ThanksShanghai

:depressed:

The new digital projection looks nice though.
Enjoyed seeing that.

-

Last edited:

Phroobar

So we know we will see the Great Wall of China, the Arctic and a new Disneyland flyover. Any other shots confirmed?

TP2000

So we know we will see the Great Wall of China, the Arctic and a new Disneyland flyover. Any other shots confirmed?

Miceage says America is represented entirely by Utah's Monument Valley and the Disney Parks division of the Walt Disney Company.

Sydney's Opera House is also in there too.

George Lucas on a Bench

Not looking forward to saying goodbye to Jerry's score. I'm going to have to a make a stop on an upcoming trip. I always expect to see Captain Kirk climbing the mountain in the Yosemite scene and Spock fly by with the rocket boots.

TP2000

Here's a decent video of the new Soarin' that we'll be getting next month. This is our new film, except with a flyover of Disneyland at the end instead of the Shanghai skyline. Maybe it's just me, and YouTube is not the way to judge new attractions, but just from judging by the footage and locations it feels like they just kind of ruined Soarin'. I'm not impressed with this or connected to it at all.

Am I off base here, or did they just kind of ruin Soarin'?

mickEblu

Here's a decent video of the new Soarin' that we'll be getting next month. This is our new film, except with a flyover of Disneyland at the end instead of the Shanghai skyline. Maybe it's just me, and YouTube is not the way to judge new attractions, but just from judging by the footage and locations it feels like they just kind of ruined Soarin'. I'm not impressed with this or connected to it at all.

This is one of the only spoilers I won't watch as it is something I can actually experience in person in the near future. However, I can tell you I'm not crazy about the new soundtrack.

I think eventually Soarin over California will come back to one of the theatres.

D

Deleted member 107043

I think that adorable little kid at 1:06 would disagree. :D

In all seriousness I don't really see a big difference other than an improvement in the scenery and some updated technical details. It's the Taj Mahal and the Pyramids of Egypt vs. the San Diego skyline and a Palms Springs golf course. We Californian's are likely going to prefer the original film, but I think this new installment will be more popular with a broader audience because the Eiffel Tower is much more spectacular than rows of orange trees.

I wonder why they didn't do a flyover of SDL at the end? How hard would have been to do that using CGI to make the park look finished?

Last edited by a moderator:

Californian Elitist

I think it's a little okay to judge this now because the ride is the same, for the most part. It's just different footage.

I haven't watched the new video, and I've said this multiple times, but I feel the California theme for the film should have been kept for DCA. I would have appreciated new footage of California, but other parts of the world? Just isn't right.

dweezil78

I'm looking forward to the new movie even if it's not 100% California this time around. Over the past few years, Soarin' went from a "must-do" to a "eh, maybe I'll do it next time" for me so it's nice to see some new life breathed into it. Dunno why anyone has issue with the soundtrack... it's pretty faithful to the original, no? Could've just as easily ditched it entirely for something all-new, so I was pretty pumped to hear it come back.

Would it have been great to have something a little more exclusive to Cali? Well, yeah, sure... But at least we got a more California-ized environment on the outside w/ the transformation from Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak in the past year to help soften that blow a bit.

Plus I really won't be surprised to see them do half-half and split up both shows between theaters eventually. Will be interested to see how that works between standby/FP though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom