[DCA] Soarin' Around the World Opens on June 17

sponono88

Original Poster
Imagine a wind-through-your-hair flight above The Great Wall of China, a bird’s-eye view of the Sydney Harbor in Australia, gliding around the Matterhorn in Switzerland …

These are among more than a dozen breathtaking ways you’ll be able to experience the wonders of the world when Soarin’ Around the World makes its groundbreaking debut across the globe this summer. The next generation of the popular Soarin’ attraction makes its premiere at the grand opening of Shanghai Disneyland this summer as Soarin’ Over the Horizon.

The next day on June 17, guests at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort andEpcot at Walt Disney World Resort will be able to board the exhilarating aerial adventure that immerses you in a multi-sensory experience, complete with stunning sights, spectacular sounds and even subtle scents. Fastpass+ will be an option for Soarin’ beginning Thursday, April 21.

I wonder if that is the actual soundtrack or filler music. It will take a while to get used to no more Goldsmith score

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rld-takes-flight-at-disney-parks-this-summer/

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm looking forward to seeing this, but I think it'll be a better fit for EPCOT than DCA. Hopefully an updated Soarin' Over California will be produced.

Suspirian

Soaring Over the World probably would've worked best when it was Condor Flats and was specifically about California's history with aviation. It still is in a way, but less since its been engulfed by GP. I still don't mind the change much though I'd rather an updated Soarin over California.

D

Deleted member 107043

Soaring Over the World probably would've worked best when it was Condor Flats and was specifically about California's history with aviation.

To your point that section of Grizzly Peak is still an airfield, so SOTW still makes sense in a way I guess.

Rich T

To your point that section of Grizzly Peak is still an airfield, so SOTW still makes sense in a way I guess.
With the area's emphasis on Smoke Jumpers, it would be awesome if Soarin' became a Smoke Jumper adventure, recruiting you as a volunteer firefighting aviator and involving you in saving a national park.

But, of course, that's more expensive than pressing the "copy" button. :(

Still looking forward to the new film, though.

D

Deleted member 107043

With the area's emphasis on Smoke Jumpers, it would be awesome if Soarin' became a Smoke Jumper adventure, recruiting you as a volunteer firefighting aviator and involving you in saving a national park.

Um, how frickin' awesome would that be?? :happy:

Phroobar

Everyone gets a personal water cannon and a score at the end. Toy Story Mania at 50ft in the air.

VJ

I've heard Bruce Broughton will be composing the score and it'll be utilizing the Goldsmith Soarin' melody. No idea if it's accurate or not, take it for what it's worth I guess.

D

Deleted member 107043

I see. Just wondering if at some point it'll close for an extended period before the new film debuts. Will there be any changes to the queue? I'm guessing the pre-flight safety film will be upgraded, if so I'll miss Patrick Warburton's spiel.

mickEblu

Last I heard it was open on the weekends only.

I sure hope this isn't the case. I'm taking my dad (and Fam) to DLR this coming Wednesday specifically so he could ride Soarin (over California) before it goes away. He has never been on it and hasn't been to DLR in 15 years. He was a big fan of America the Beaitiful back in the day so I'm sure he will love Soarin.

On another note, I was at DLR on a Wednesday in March and it was open so hopefully this is still the case.

Curious Constance

I sure hope this isn't the case. I'm taking my dad (and Fam) to DLR this coming Wednesday specifically so he could ride Soarin (over California) before it goes away. He has never been on it and hasn't been to DLR in 15 years. He was a big fan of America the Beaitiful back in the day so I'm sure he will love Soarin.

On another note, I was at DLR on a Wednesday in March and it was open so hopefully this is still the case.
Maybe that's not the case anymore, I don't see if on the refurb list anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom