DCA/ Disney's America makeover ideas

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by Abercrombie Kid
Awesome Ideas!
I have a suggestion.
-add a huge pirates of the caribbean style dark ride to the American Waterfront have it involve the mysterious ship in the harbor as it is said that even though it is grand it holds a dark curse a man was killed by the machinery on the ship and now his spirit has opened up the portal to all of the ghosts of lost ships. Have it like at the beginning be very grand and then when you meet the spirtit he make the ship dark, decaying, and haunted.

That's not a bad idea. Maybe a bit to Haunted Mansion-ish, but still a good idea. Hmmm....

Alright, moving on to Land of the Free. It will mostly have the same National Parks theme that Golden State had, but all of the Clifornia theme will be gone.

Grizzly Peak: It will change from a look of a bear, to the look of an Eagle. The Head will be in a different position so you can see it from the enterance. The Raft ride in it will change to "Eagle Peak River Run".

Eagle Peak River Run: This will mostly stay the same, although it will be made longer and have animal AAs. Including, a few grizzly bears, mountain lions, and mountain goats.

Yellow Stone Nature Trail: Changed from "Redwood Creek Challenge Trail", and will have less California themeing. The Brother Bear theme will be toned down just a little bit. Bigger caves will be added, and more things to see and do will be added as well. A little kiddie area for real little kids called "Koda's Stomping Ground" has some water playgrounds, and things designed for the real little kids. The Country Bear Jamboree will be one of the newest additions with new songs, some neat special effects, and some appearences by Koda and ( I forget his name, the bear that was once a guy. Cant remember.
:confused: )

The Grand California Hotel will be changed to "The Grand America Hotel" which will basicly have the same themeing except for the CA stuff.

That's it for now.:wave:

FigmentJedi

Originally posted by imagineer boy
The Country Bear Jamboree will be one of the newest additions with new songs, some neat special effects, and some appearences by Koda and ( I forget his name, the bear that was once a guy. Cant remember.
:confused: )

That's it for now.:wave:
That would be Kenai.

FigmentJedi

How about instead of the MuppetVision 3-D remake, that we do the Great Muppet Movie Ride that was originally going to be put in MGM, but was canned after Jim Henson's untimely death. It parodied classic films and genres. The finale was a Peter Pan spoof.

Abercrombie Kid

Imagineer Boy the reason why I made the ride kinda Haunted Mansion-ish is because every "Disney" theme park needs a highly detailed dark ride. I think that this ride is the best way to incorporate really tight special effects with a "Disney" style story and well thought out characters.:)

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tahu
How about instead of the MuppetVision 3-D remake, that we do the Great Muppet Movie Ride that was originally going to be put in MGM, but was canned after Jim Henson's untimely death. It parodied classic films and genres. The finale was a Peter Pan spoof.

Thanks for the idea Tahu! I'm going to put some thought into that idea. Thanks for that one lil spark!:wave:

rct247

WOW!

WOW! I am a new member and just joined...I have not even seen this topic before and the strange thing is...I am doing the exact same thing but I call it:

Disney's Texas Adventure
(rumor has it that Disney bought land in Katy, Texas so why not build a park on it.)

More information in another thread.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Re: WOW!

Originally posted by rct247
WOW! I am a new member and just joined...I have not even seen this topic before and the strange thing is...I am doing the exact same thing but I call it:

Disney's Texas Adventure
(rumor has it that Disney bought land in Katy, Texas so why not build a park on it.)

More information in another thread.

Cool. I can't wait to see your Texas adventure ideas. I'll be continuing soon guys. Stay Tuned.:)

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Sorry I havn't posted in a while. I'm just about to be confirmed at Chruch with homework galore, so I've been pretty busy. I've done some major rethinking.

The fifties area will be moved to where the Paradise Peir section with Moholland Madness and Jumpin Jelly Fish currently is. I need some help on ride ideas for this land. I need a ride with a cheesy sci-fi theme and I was thinking about making CA screamin indoors. The ride could be sunk down a little to make the show building seem less big. It could be rethemed to the "Nitro Racer" idea that James had a while back. Or, maybe it could be like rockin rollercoaster, except you're racing to either an Elvis or Beetles concert. I have plans to put in a 50s Prime Time caf'e in and a diner. Maybe even a Sci-Fi dine in theater also. Once again, I need your help!

The lagoon will be narrowed a little, but will open up and extend all the way to Timon parking lot. Avalon cove and the Pacific Warf will be demolished so the lake can be made wider for the fireworks show. The boat and American waterfront area will be on the north side of the lagoon. The the left of it will be a facade looking like the Ellis Island building. All along the south side of the enlarged lagoon will be the new Paradise Peir area made to look like an early 1900s boardwalk like the resort at WDW. It will be complete with a ferris wheel ( the old sun wheel except rethemed ) and I can't think of a good name for the ferris wheel.

Taking up the rest of the Timon parking lot will be the Industrial Revolution area. This will include Test Track and a few more attractions like Aquatopia and Infernal Machine.

In the middle of the new and larger lagoon will be a replica of the Statue of Liberty except somwhat smaller. Lots of forced perspective are used to make it look bigger. Every Night, a fireworks show is presented which I will go into more detail later.

Please tell me what you think!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom