Day after...Flower and Garden

82EPCOT82

Original Poster
Hey all. Quick question.

How soon does Epcot remove the topiaries and the other flower arrangements? I was planning on visiting Memorial Day weekend....but might opt for the Tuesday after instead, if crowds will be lower. My family and I don't mind not having the food kiosks but are wanting to see the displays. Do they take them down immediately?

Thanks!

Captain Barbossa

Hey all. Quick question.

How soon does Epcot remove the topiaries and the other flower arrangements? I was planning on visiting Memorial Day weekend....but might opt for the Tuesday after instead, if crowds will be lower. My family and I don't mind not having the food kiosks but are wanting to see the displays. Do they take them down immediately?

Thanks!
We've been three times out of the past four years during the flower and garden festival. Last year we went to EPCOT twice. On the next to last day of the festival and three days after it ended. All the topiaries were still up (seeing how some of them are always up throughout the year). But you should be good to go. The only things that would be closed are the food kiosks, the butterfly garden, the flower seminar. Hope this helps. We love going during the flower and garden festival. If you have anymore questions, just ask. I'd be happy to help.

cupcake__

We've been three times out of the past four years during the flower and garden festival. Last year we went to EPCOT twice. On the next to last day of the festival and three days after it ended. All the topiaries were still up (seeing how some of them are always up throughout the year). But you should be good to go. The only things that would be closed are the food kiosks, the butterfly garden, the flower seminar. Hope this helps. We love going during the flower and garden festival. If you have anymore questions, just ask. I'd be happy to help.
So happy to see this answer. I was wondering the same thing. We are hoping for an arrival date of May 31. I really love the way Epcot looks and feels when it's dressed up for F&G. I'd be so happy if we could still catch a glimpse of the gardens this year.

Captain Barbossa

So happy to see this answer. I was wondering the same thing. We are hoping for an arrival date of May 31. I really love the way Epcot looks and feels when it's dressed up for F&G. I'd be so happy if we could still catch a glimpse of the gardens this year.
Its a good time to go to EPCOT

peter11435

Similar question, for opposite reasons: are the F&W kiosks still up (even though they're closed) the day after that festival? I'm taking a first-timer the day after F&W ends, and hoping she'll be able to experience "regular World Showcase" without the "kiosk clutter."
Several of the booths will remain up for use during Holdiays around the World. The remaining ones will be removed but it does not all happen the first night.

jaklgreen

I have a question. My girls and I are adding an extra day before our cruise just to see the F&GF. So we will be there May 26. What are the must do's and some fun stuff for my teens? Thank you.

belledream

I have a question. My girls and I are adding an extra day before our cruise just to see the F&GF. So we will be there May 26. What are the must do's and some fun stuff for my teens? Thank you.
I'd say just wander and relax. Epcot is absolutely beautiful in bloom. Grab some interesting treats from the kiosks, take pretty pictures, there are little exhibits all around, and there are concerts going on as well.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

bjlc57

we were at the last day of the flower and garden event.. two days later.. YOU WOULDN"T KNOW THAT IT WAS THERE.. all the kiosks were closed or gone.. the area with the butterflies.? GONE and raked up and no path to or from the place.. there were "rolling bushes " to hide the previous sites. it was shocking to my system. it was that drastic.. either it was OPEN or it did not exist.. I witnessed this my self a couple of years ago.. if you want to see the flower and garden show.. you must be there for the days that it is open.. if you have a different park scheduled for that day. CHANGE your schedule.. or you will not see it.. period..

bjlc57

I even asked at one of the kiosks .. will you be open tomorrow to use up your remaining drinks and foot and what not.. and the cast member said.. NOPE ..after tonight.. its closed and I have a new assignment for next week.. I firmly believe that Disney would rather throw out or dump drinks and food (specialty food) rather then give you a free refill or an extra portion on the last day.. I found this out at the kiosk by Germany.. I was drinking some watermelon drink that was too die for.. and that's when I was told.. after tonight ..it all gets dumped.. and the whole park changes ..and it DID..

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
after tonight ..it all gets dumped.. and the whole park changes ..and it DID..

I have always been amazed, and sometimes really annoyed by the things that change and how often they do. Especially when other things you would think would change don't. Items added and removed from menus, topiaries appearing and disappearing, locations opening and closing etc. It's all part of the magic of Disney.

Can be annoying when you're in the mood for something, go all the way to the park for it and learn that it's gone though. Fortunately they've gotten really good about keeping the menus and schedules updated online.

jaklgreen

I even asked at one of the kiosks .. will you be open tomorrow to use up your remaining drinks and foot and what not.. and the cast member said.. NOPE ..after tonight.. its closed and I have a new assignment for next week.. I firmly believe that Disney would rather throw out or dump drinks and food (specialty food) rather then give you a free refill or an extra portion on the last day.. I found this out at the kiosk by Germany.. I was drinking some watermelon drink that was too die for.. and that's when I was told.. after tonight ..it all gets dumped.. and the whole park changes ..and it DID..

Discounting or giving something away is a slippery slope. I worked in a bakery for years and we always tried to bake what we thought we would sell. Well at the end of the night we would discount baked items 1/2 off. People learned about that and no longer came in during the day to pay full price but waited until right before we closed to come in. And if we did not have what they wanted they got ticked off. The same with day old product. The place I am at now, 1 of the other locations does day old and people come in all the time not wanting to pay regular price but only get the discounted product. That is how you go out of business. Not say that is Disney's problem but can you imagine if a few people got a discount? You know there will be plenty more that complain to Disney how they paid full price, etc. Society is way too greedy now. They can't just accept that sometimes someone gets a deal, everyone gets offended if they can't have the same thing as others.

bjlc57

Discounting or giving something away is a slippery slope. I worked in a bakery for years and we always tried to bake what we thought we would sell. Well at the end of the night we would discount baked items 1/2 off. People learned about that and no longer came in during the day to pay full price but waited until right before we closed to come in. And if we did not have what they wanted they got ticked off. The same with day old product. The place I am at now, 1 of the other locations does day old and people come in all the time not wanting to pay regular price but only get the discounted product. That is how you go out of business. Not say that is Disney's problem but can you imagine if a few people got a discount? You know there will be plenty more that complain to Disney how they paid full price, etc. Society is way too greedy now. They can't just accept that sometimes someone gets a deal, everyone gets offended if they can't have the same thing as others.
ON the OFF CHANCE that you are at Disney the last week of the F&G show. .are you going to tell me that you are going to plan your day and your whole vacation on the chance that Disney might give you a discount.. I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.. so for Disney to take care of the poor slobs who happen to be there.. my self included on the last day or moreover the last evening.. wouldn't cause this company to lose profit or lose scheduling or GO OUT OF BUSINESS because they gave away a couple of gallons of drink that they are going to dump in the grass in an hour.. .no sorry but the woe is me for Disney doesn't get much traction around here. .and you example may work on disposable goods , there would be only one night that this would occur.. THE LAST NIGHT. .and not on a nightly basis..

Captain Barbossa

Food kiosks!! And the butterfly garden is cool too. Also just wandering around looking at the flowers and topiaries

Captain Barbossa

we were at the last day of the flower and garden event.. two days later.. YOU WOULDN"T KNOW THAT IT WAS THERE.. all the kiosks were closed or gone.. the area with the butterflies.? GONE and raked up and no path to or from the place.. there were "rolling bushes " to hide the previous sites. it was shocking to my system. it was that drastic.. either it was OPEN or it did not exist.. I witnessed this my self a couple of years ago.. if you want to see the flower and garden show.. you must be there for the days that it is open.. if you have a different park scheduled for that day. CHANGE your schedule.. or you will not see it.. period..
When was the last year you've been to the Flower and Garden festival?

MySmallWorldof4

That is what I remember when we arrived a couple of days after it ended a few years ago. I was kind of sad. I made sure after that to have our visits during.

jaklgreen

ON the OFF CHANCE that you are at Disney the last week of the F&G show. .are you going to tell me that you are going to plan your day and your whole vacation on the chance that Disney might give you a discount.. I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.. so for Disney to take care of the poor slobs who happen to be there.. my self included on the last day or moreover the last evening.. wouldn't cause this company to lose profit or lose scheduling or GO OUT OF BUSINESS because they gave away a couple of gallons of drink that they are going to dump in the grass in an hour.. .no sorry but the woe is me for Disney doesn't get much traction around here. .and you example may work on disposable goods , there would be only one night that this would occur.. THE LAST NIGHT. .and not on a nightly basis..

I am not saying that that version is necessarily true for WDW. And I never once thought that anyone would plan a trip around that. But I am sure if it happens that they start giving away food and drink that are left over, word would get around. And people would complain, because people always complain when someone gets a deal that they didn't get. I rather that they give it out to their cast members, but then again, where would they put it? How would they keep things hot/cold? Can't serve them alcohol. There are too many variables that I am sure some one has already gone through to make giving the food and drink away more of a liability now. 20 years ago I can see them giving it away, but not now, not how people are now. Someone gets sick eating a leftover food item, what would happen then? They would sue, post it all over social media saying how Disney gave them food poisoning. No good deed goes unpunished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom