Day 2 - Yacht Club 11/25 to 11/30 Lots of pics!!

Hi Everyone!

Here is Day 2 of our Trip Report!!

November 27th:
Thanksgiving Day!!

We started the day at the Animal Kingdom!! First stop - Expedition Everest! We grabbed FP's and hopped in line. We like to do this because when the park opens, the long isn't too long of a wait and then we have one for a bit later too! There was a great fog over the kingdom that day!!

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

After facing off with the Yeti, we headed to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. We don't do this each trip, and the last time was in 2005 when we were here for our Honeymoon! And before we started the Trek - the chimps were out and causing quite a stir!! They were so loud!!

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

The kimodo dragons were not out b/c it was so cold out. This is a running theme through out trip - I kept telling the DH, don't worry, it'll warm up!! So we went on to...Oh my - the bat house! I think I screamed at least a half dozen times! Uggghhhhh...EEekkkkkkKK!! Please note the size of this thing!!

IMG_0778.JPG

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Next up! The Tigers....Roar!

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

On our way out, we so more crazy chimps!!

IMG_0819.JPG

He's a little hard to see but there's a baby too!

IMG_0763.JPG

On our way to Africa, we ran into our favorite boys of the jungle!!

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

The imagineers have done such a great job of making everything look natural, the details of pictures and drawings can blend into the background. But take a closer look...you never know what you can find!!!

IMG_0829.JPG

Shields is my madian name!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We stopped for some snacks - I highly recommend the jalapeno and chesse pretzel!!

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

Our driver on the Kilimanjaro Safaris was particularly great this time! It was great b/c we heard different stories and different facts!

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

There were lots of babies this time!! Here's a mommy and baby griaffe!!

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

The elephants were out and about too!

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Can you see the hidden Mickey?

IMG_0923.JPG

We got held up a bit b/c the mommy and baby rhino had to cross the road!!

IMG_0934.JPG

Both lions were out but they were sleepings! Big day!!

IMG_0949.JPG

The ostrich was out too! I'm ready for my close up!

IMG_0957.JPG

Next stop that Pangani Forest Exploration Trail!! This is another one that we haven't done since our honeymoon!

IMG_0965.JPG

Loot at all their heads in this next photo! Something must have happened??

IMG_0975.JPG

The gorilla's were right up against the glass! It was amazing!!!

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

This is a little hard to see but this guy was fluffing his bed to get ready for a nap!

IMG_0992.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
As we were heading over the suspension bridge, there was a lot to be seen. Another little guy sleeping, the hidden Jafar which has become quite overgrown...and then well...some very festive folks celebrating Thanksgiving!!

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

We headed back to Asia for lunch at Yak and Yeti. We stopped for some dancing and singing in the village first!!

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

Yak and Yeti was very tasty! We would go there for lunch again!! We did Qucik Service and we ordered extra fried rice - not knowing that the entree came with it. So next time, we'll get a side of egg rolls instead!! We did ask if we could exchange a dessert for a snack and we were told no. I got the mango pie which was pretty tasty. The fried rice was good but way too much with the rice and entee we got. We both had the honey chicken and it was yummy!! Sitting outside by the fountain made for a great atmosphere!!

IMG_1063.JPG

After lunch we headed to Camp Minnie and Mickey. We skipped passed Dino Land this trip. On our way, we met up some old friends from the 100 Acre Woods!

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
The lines at Camp Minnie and Mickey were very long b/c everyone was waiting for the next Lion King show. I strolled around and took pics for the scrapbook of all the Christmas trees. Each character had one!!

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

We had never seen the Lion King show before. If you have not seen it...It is a MUST see!! It was truely amazing!!!!

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

After the Lion King show, we headed back to the resort. AK was all decked out in holiday cheer!!

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

Back at the Yacht Club we got our photo by the tree on our floor (color coordinated outfits again!) but we didn't realize that there was the exit sign behind our heads!!

IMG_1248.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We rested for a bit and got ready before heading out for our Thanksgiving dinner at the Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella! The GF was amazing as always!!

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

Not only did we get a chance to be with Cinderella and Prince Charming, but the Wicked Step Mother and Sisters showed up too!!

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

I am very happy in this next photo...

IMG_1294.JPG

And the DH caused quite the fight between the two step sisters! He is engaged to one of them now...he has to choose between...

IMG_1301.JPG

or...

IMG_1303.JPG

Tough decision!!

Turkey dinner was delicious!! Stuffing and pototos and two kinds of crandberries! YUMMY!! The only thing that was not were the desserts! It was so weird! I have never had a bad dessert at Disney before! There were quite a few to choose from and they were all icky. This has never happened before so i'm chalking it up ot the fact that it was the holidays and they were just premade.

Funny side story...when we were at Disney last year for my bday, the waiter at AK for our character breakfast was Tim - A - Saurus. And I have a pic of him in my scrap book b/c he made my DH stand up on and sing Happy Bday to me. Looks like Tim-A-Saurus got promoted!!!

IMG_1309.JPG

I told him he was going in the scrapbook again!! He presented us with crowns for our Anniversary!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We then headed to the Magic Kingdom!!

IMG_1321.JPG

We stood on Main Street and watched Wishes!! It was amazing!!

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

The last time we saw MK and the castle for Christmas so two years ago. So we had not seen the new lights! It is truely a site to behold!!

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
The DH loves CofP and the other rides in Future so while I got ready to watch the Spectro Magic Parade, he went off to play with Stich and Buzz. I had not seen the Spectro Magic Parade in more then a decade!! So I was so excited! I still am working out all the tricks to the camera so I didn't get as many photos as I wanted too.

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

It's Gus Gus!!

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

After the parade, I met the DH back behind Cinderella's castle.

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

We took off to ride the favorties again - POTC and Haunted Mansion! We also got on Jungle Cruise, Snow White, and Winnie the Pooh. The wait for PP - 65 minutes!!

There were no EMH's this night so we left MK at Midnight when the parks closed.

Good Night MK!

IMG_1466.JPG

More to come soon!!

HollyBelle

Beautiful pictures and great trip report. Can't wait to read more. You're such a cute couple... and you're cracking me up with the color coordinated outfits!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom