Dates of pool closures for POP Century in January?

leaf44

Original Poster
I've now received two letters for my stay in early January at POP Century, each one indicating a different pool will be closed.

One says it will be the Computer Pool, and one says it will be the main Hippy Dippy Pool. Does anyone know what the truth is?

Thanks!

leaf44

Original Poster
Thank you for you reply, and I did see that as well. I've changed the title to more accurately reflect what I am asking.

I guess I was just hoping maybe someone knew the exact dates. I am aware that sometimes people on the forums have more info than is available to the public. I apologize for the 3 seconds of your life I may have wasted :).

I wouldn't even care about the pool, except I will be running the Dopey Challenge, and spending a lot of time hanging out at the resort between races.

leaf44

Original Poster
In case anyone else wanted more info, I received the following e-mail reply from Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Im sorry about the confusion regarding our pools at Disney's Pop Century Resort. Beginning January 13 through January 20 of 2017, the Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will undergo planned maintenance. Also from Dec 1, 2016 through early January 3, 2017, the Computer Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be under refurbishment. We are committed to providing a great experience and as an alternative Guests are welcome to enjoy the Hippy Dippy Pool or Bowling Pool. We apologize for any inconvenience this may bring to you and your family, we appreciate your understanding as we work with our Guest to accommodate their needs.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jesus Frias

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Huglife

I'm staying Dec 11th-Dec 17th. I got a letter yesterday saying the Hippy Dippy Pool would be closed during my stay and the others would be open.

leaf44

Original Poster
Apparently Disney messed up, because multiple people have received two letters, one stating the Computer Pool would be closed, the other saying it would be the Hippy Dippy Pool.

In the e-mail above from Disney, they are saying it will actually be the Computer Pool closed from 12/1-early Jan or Jan 3rd, and the main pool from Jan. 13th-20th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom