Dare to face the Yeti?

rufio

Original Poster
This was posted on Walt Disney World's facebook wall yesterday:

529971_10151166720368274_1377067471_n.jpg

It was accompanied by this: "Expedition Everest …would you heed the warning? Or dare to face the Yeti?" lol what? Anyone else think it's funny that they would post this?

RoyWalley

Personally I think it's fun for the new vistors or young kids or even for the vistors who come regularly. That's how they advertised the ride when it first opened.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Ha!

Out of curiosity, those of you who commented, were the comments moderated the way they are on the parks blog?

YoungNY

Its my understanding that in order for them to fix the yeti they'd have to take apart the mountain. Is this true? If it is,maybe the reason Disney hasn't fixed it yet is because:

1. The cost- I would imagine the cost of taking it apart and doing major renovations would cost a fortune. With their current major renovations underway and plans for the future maybe they don't want to waste the money to revisit the past when most love the ride as is.

2. The eye sore- usually when Disney does construction they find a clever way to conceal it from us. However, that mountain is so big maybe Disney hasn't figured out a way to hide it while they take it apart. It's something people would see from far away.

3. Time- the length of time to do a major renovation like that I assume would be months. Based on the opinions of the people here, DAK doesn't have that many big rides, I don't think Disney would be willing to put one of their biggest rides out of commission for that long.

It should be noted I've never been on EE. I could be completely wrong, but those are just my thoughts on why Disney hasn't fixed the yeti yet.

rufio

Original Poster
Ha!

Out of curiosity, those of you who commented, were the comments moderated the way they are on the parks blog?

Nope! My comment was too lost in the mix to find again, but I saw a few other people that said basically the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom