D23 will stream live the CoP presentation at Destination D (Attraction Rewind) this Saturday

Figments Friend

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Progressland building when they moved the carousel out. And did they just move the sets, or the whole second floor?

And what exactly was on the first floor? Anyone have pictures? I only have scant knowledge of that the rest of the Progressland pavilion.

This article will help answer your questions.
A general overview of the layout of the Pavilion, including a handy colored diagram.

Link - http://www.nywf64.com/genele02.shtml

Another online article, featuring some excellent photos from inside the Pavilion.

http://epcotexplorer.tumblr.com/post/27984569088/pictures-of-progressland-the-artistry-of

:)

EpcotCenter82

Logged in but so far the live stream is not yet working. Supposed to have started a few minutes ago. Currently says "The video you are trying to watch is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Error code VE_PD_NOTFOUND"

same here!

prberk

Original Poster
  • It's working now! Marty Sklar is talking about the evolution of Disneyland exhibits predating the World's Fair's foundations.

prberk

Original Poster
Beautiful details in these pictures. I hooked my laptop up to my big-screen TV and watching full frame. Amazing. Glad they are showing these renderings in full screen.

prberk

Original Poster
Well, that was fun. Some pictures and descriptions that I had never seen before. I especially appreciated that they talked about each of the people involved, including the builders.

I disagree with Marty, though, that "Now is the Time" was an awful song. Lol. My brother actually likes it better than "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow." And I think it was pretty good, just different. Focused on life being good today, not just tomorrow.

I also learned that originally the dog was programmed to look at the same audience member in every scene and bark at him/her, and that Walt had intended the father to say something like, "Now Rover, stop that. He might be a General Electric customer." So the dog, which would have a different name in each scene, was originally mostly a gag. Now, Marty said, they have him programmed to be more of a real dog.

prberk

Original Poster
Same thing that I did!

Great minds think alike. What did you think of the show?

Still wish I were there.

I did notice that they did not address whether the current version needs a new refreshing, although it was nice to hear about the prior versions, not just the World's Fair one. I did not know that you originally exited onto the stage.

djlaosc

Great minds think alike. What did you think of the show?

Still wish I were there.

I did notice that they did not address whether the current version needs a new refreshing, although it was nice to hear about the prior versions, not just the World's Fair one. I did not know that you originally exited onto the stage.

It was a great show. Really informative.

Really got me in the mood for my next trip, and seeing Carousel of Progress again, through more informed eyes. Interesting to see if I will see it with a different perspective...

Figments Friend

*Rover* still looks at certain seats from time to time in the current incarnation, which makes him appear to behave in a realistic way.
A real dog would do so, which adds a nice touch.

I have one seat i almost always sit in the first row and he looks me over a few times over the course of the show.
One of several reasons why over the years i have chosen that particular seat.
As a big fan and ex-programmer of AAs i love to watch for all those little details in the animation.
It really brings the characters to life when they truly appear to be *looking* at you.

:)

MissM

I was vending a craft show yesterday so I wasn't online. Anyone know of its available to watch now after the fact?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom