D23 Star Wars Info - A Galaxy of Stories: Photos, Video, Deep Thoughts

nevol

How annoying... basically NOTHING announced for Disneyland Resort, everything at Disney World. Not that there aren't projects to discuss at disneyland, they just arent. Hotel? Marvel? Nothing. Seriously tied up with the eastern gateway. There is no reason they wouldn't aim to announce these things today... in 2019 they'll probably already be open or under construction.

Glad I didn't pay 81$ for the day or 300$ for the weekend to attend this... They didn't even share compelling concept art. Went well, I mean, Chappie seemed to be enjoying himself and WDW has a lot in the pipeline, but frankly, the youtube videos hosted by pimply teenagers just repeating everything they read on forums has been more exciting.

Was worried how I'd be able to get anything done this weekend on my thesis project while the forums are lit with juicy new tidbits about star wars land, DHS, dca, etc, site plan/aerial view of Marvel land... but thankfully I can get on with my life! Signing out for now :)

George Lucas on a Bench

Well nothing unexpected was announced.

That's not true. I wasn't expecting several of these announcements. I wasn't convinced that a clone of the TRON ride directly next to Space Mountain would happen, but it looks like I'm an idiot. I also never expected the name of the Star Wars land to share the name of a popular Samsung smart phone. No one saw that coming.

Last edited:

vancee

That's not true. I wasn't expecting several of these announcements. I wasn't convinced that a clone of the TRON ride directly next to Space Mountain would happen, but it looks like I'm an idiot. I also never expected the name of the Star Wars land to not share the name of a popular Samsung smart phone. No one saw that coming.
Basically, nothing really announced for Disneyland.

nevol

That's not true. I wasn't expecting several of these announcements. I wasn't convinced that a clone of the TRON ride directly next to Space Mountain would happen, but it looks like I'm an idiot. I also never expected the name of the Star Wars land to not share the name of a popular Samsung smart phone. No one saw that coming.
Not sure what comes first anymore; mediocre fan rumors, entirely made up, or actual leaks. Because a 12 year old armchair imagineer with 6 months of cyber-fandom and no education under their belt could come up with all of this stuff.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

You read these boards and others I assume, all of this was telegraphed for the last couple of months.

TRON next to Space Mountain in WDW was a pretty much far gone conclusion, and had been rumored for quite awhile now.

Name of land was leaked earlier today.

Marvel Land was hinted at again, but still not much details.

So again to me nothing unexpected was announced...

vancee

No new rides announced? SWL was the same stuff we've seen and heard.... PTN, "There may be a new float ?????". "Avengers and Spiderman will be joining us soon". And a bunch of stupid singing and talking about a balloon. Oh, and Pixar fest and Pixar Pier.

CHOX

Okay...so how bad is WDW's Tomorrowland? I thought ours was a POS, but the WDW folks seem to think the same about theirs, and Disney is actually doing something to it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No New Fantasyland, Tomorrowland makeover... nothing!! Disneyland really needs attention.. badly.

Actually WDW hasn't had a good overhaul in quite some time from what I understand. They needed some love. So with AK new addition, DHS under construction, and MK and EPCOT slated for new projects that brings them up on recent overhauls for DLR.

DLR will get theirs in 2019. SWL will be finished. Marvel Land will have been announced and likely started. TL will probably get some attention as well.

They can't put every project on the books in one shot. Got to space it out.

George Lucas on a Bench

Okay...so how bad is WDW's Tomorrowland? I thought ours was a POS, but the WDW folks seem to think the same about theirs, and Disney is actually doing something to it.

DL has the better car ride. WDW has the better spinning rockets, PeopleMover and Carousel of Progress. Space Mountain is up for debate, but the rest is a bunch of cartoon crap at both parks.

ctrlaltdel

Wished they had released concept art for Mavel, but there was literally nothing else that was expected for DLR than what was announced. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland upgrades will come in time, but anyone expecting them were always gonna be disappointed.

Californian Elitist

I have just one more whole year left to enjoy Disneyland as it is before it becomes bombarded with everything Star Wars.

Time to plan accordingly and use my time wisely.

Californian Elitist

What were you really expecting? It seems they go back and forth between domestic parks every D23. 2013 was about WDW/AK with Pandora. 2015 was about DLR with updates for the 60th. 2017 is about WDW for their 50th. 2019 will likely swing back to DLR.

The WDW announcements are of no concern with me.

I wasn't expecting anything in particular, but I also wasn't expecting crap.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wished they had released concept art for Mavel, but there was literally nothing else that was expected for DLR than what was announced. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland upgrades will come in time, but anyone expecting them were always gonna be disappointed.

Agreed, 2019 will be the likely announcements for the possible FL and TL upgrades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom