Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Speedy71

Yes lets be excited for a park that is not even in are country I might add. while epcot and Innoventions oh how you have fallen.

No Name

Thing is most of us here will likely never go to Shanghai. What we really care about is WDW.

Yup, and that's a problem I have no answer to. Some people would rather see Disney make the slightest improvement to WDW than build a whole park elsewhere. I get it, most people will never visit Shanghai, but it's important. Not just for future growth, but for the people of the area.

Think about it, 45 years from now, people in mainland China will have their own park they love. The park will have its own fans and its own legacy, its own hsitory and its own nostalgia, and it'll hopefully be a huge part of the company, just like WDW is today. Coincidentally, it is also 45 days from opening. I actually have no plans to go anytime in the near future, but I'm still excited for it.

But it's not like I don't care about WDW. It will always be my favorite place. I hate the attitude that WDW and the Orlando market in general has matured, becuase it's definitely not true. I guess that same hatred makes me passionate about them expanding like they are with Shanghai. There's no reason why this expanding should cause less money to be spent on the US parks. It shouldn't be a "this or that," both should happen, and I understand that frustration. But to dislike the fact that they're building SDL, that they're actually building something new... I have no solution to that problem.

Last edited:

Speedy71

Yup, and that's a problem I have no answer to. Some people would rather see Disney make the slightest improvement to WDW than build a whole park elsewhere. I get it, most people will never visit Shanghai, but it's important. Not just for future growth, but for the people of the area.

Think about it, 45 years from now, people in mainland China will have their own park they love. The park will have its own fans and its own legacy, its own hsitory and its own nostalgia, and it'll hopefully be a huge part of the company, just like WDW is today. Coincidentally, it is also 45 days from opening. I actually have no plans to go anytime in the near future, but I'm still excited for it.

But it's not like I don't care about WDW. It will always be my favorite place. I hate the attitude that WDW and the Orlando market in general has matured, becuase it's definitely not true. I guess that same hatred makes me passionate about them expanding like they are with Shanghai. There's no reason why this expanding should cause less money to be spent on the US parks. It shouldn't be a "this or that," both should happen, and I understand that frustration. But to dislike the fact that they're building SDL, that they're actually building something new... I have no solution to that problem.

What Disney sees in WDW

Cash-Grab.jpg

Cesar R M

Yeah, I've long since learned that "WDW isn't adding anything" = "WDW isn't adding anything I want!"
Well... most of them are replacements or increments of already established shows/attractions.
I mean, the castle show is just a cycle of replacement. Out with the old show that was tied with the old parade and now a new one tied with the Festival of Fantasy parade. The safaris are already there, they just improved to add nightlights for the extended hours... etc..etc..
The only real new thing is ROL.

Cesar R M

I actually like those ideas, as they would bring some life to FW. The problem on Disney's side is they want everything to sell food and alcohol so they can look at the bottom line.
Well, They can still sell food related to space or science (aka molecular food style)
merchandise? they can sell toys, modeling stuff, etc..
And have the "show companies" sell their stuff inside (see samsung newest phones) and Disney taxex them.

Speedy71

Well, They can still sell food related to space or science (aka molecular food style)
merchandise? they can sell toys, modeling stuff, etc..
And have the "show companies" sell their stuff inside (see samsung newest phones) and Disney taxex them.

Agreed and what irritates me is that they put frozen in Epcot. What does frozen have to do with Epcot.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Just got back from a weekend at Walt Disney World. The only thing that I noticed was that the second Fastpass+ check point on the rides we went on where no longer in operation. Do not think this effected the ride experience at all. At one ride they did not use the first check in point, but only the last one. On another ride they where not using either, but had cast members half way down the cue using hand held scanners.

I was looking, but did not see trash coming out of trash can anywhere. Did not see as many cast members cleaning up in the parks as before, but did not see a lot of trash laying around. I did see several cast members that look like supervisors with devices that you use to pick up trash in there hands. Maybe they have been tasked to help in this area.

We did stay at Saratoga Springs and the monitors listing bus times where never fully working. Times for buses to the Magic Kingdom never showed up at all during times we where waiting on buses. Longest bus wait all weekend was less than 15 minutes.

I think Animal Kingdom never looked better. Looks like a lot of just small details have been added and refurbished.

Not saying that cuts in staff are not happening, but it did not seem to effect the time we spent at Walt Disney World.

celluloid

No one's blaming the French. I blame the Swiss!

I am a big Kids in The Hall fan. Thank you for posting this.

Also, for those that said we should be happy that Shanghai is being built becase in 45 years it will have its own fans and inspire. I hope so, but that is not a guarantee. We could have an Asian version of California Adventure. Success is not guaranteed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom