Cut backs on Entertainment!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Flower
Here's my question.

We will be there in about 2 weeks. Will there still be plenty of characters for the kids to meet at the various stations? For them, that's half the fun.

there should be, characters have had no job cuts as of yet.

Mattore

Another Article

Here's another article, from a good source. In summary it says 100 positions were cut, but nobody was let go. They were reassigned to other positions. I know someone at B&B, so I will check with him to see if he got reassigned, or know any more details...

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo/story.asp?source=blq/yhoo&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo&guid=%7B3C1B068C%2D7341%2D4C7A%2DA05D%2DD0DBA3F2FA69%7D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Another Article

Originally posted by Mattore
Here's another article, from a good source. In summary it says 100 positions were cut, but nobody was let go. They were reassigned to other positions. I know someone at B&B, so I will check with him to see if he got reassigned, or know any more details...

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yho...o&guid={3C1B068C-7341-4C7A-A05D-D0DBA3F2FA69}

most were offered positions in departments other than entertainment.. for a SUBSTANTIAL pay cut, and from what I understand most of them declined it

wagner92

Hey did any of you hear that United Airlines might go in the tank sometime next year, due to massive losses. Personally, I doubt it would happen because our government would bail them out, and it makes no econmic sense to have no airplanes. In light of all of these cuts at major corporations, I would think Disney is doing pretty good considering they are very reliant on airlines and the economy. . . . and they are Only cutting that many jobs... pretty good actually... but I know that is of no consolation to the fired workers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom