Curious on cost

TXDisney

Original Poster
I think no matter what we will be happy. My wife is from Saratoga springs so that resort reminds her if home. We live in Texas now. But bay lake, boardwalk and beach club are more our style, bc we love those locations. And for a little more money, I think it's worth it. We don't mind booking in advance either.

Disneykidder

I just added on 2 weeks ago and were offered VGF, VGC, Aulani and BLT. All are offere at $165pp except Aulani is $160. Since we already own, adding on was so easy. We gave a cc number, were sent papers and it was done. Same use year, two contracts. When we added on we inquired about BWV and we were told there is a long waiting list.
BTW, when we first bought 2 years ago, 100 points was the minimum to buy in.

TXDisney

Original Poster
I only want about 150pts a year. A one week trip once a year and I'm very flexible on when I can go. On the resale market that seems to run about 14k. Which isn't bad IMO. This is at the Beach Club Villas.

Edgmiller

Does everyone get the discounts on tickets and annual passes? Or is it just the members that purchased their memberships from Disney?

bubster

Members and people living in their household are the only ones eligible to purchase Annual Passes with the DVC discount. It doesn't matter if you bought direct from Disney or resale. They require proof of address when you buy them.

Goofnut1980

The one very positive note about talking to DVC is they are not pushy hard closers. They gave us all the info, said have a great day, please call if we had any questions, take it home and look over it and if you decide please call us. And I looked at the rep (Ramon) at the DVC membership building in Disneyland and said, sign me up. He was taken back because I heard the presentation, it made sense and wrote the check. He said that isn't something that happens too often.

I was just sick of paying for hotel rooms twice a year and wasting more money than the DVC would have cost me.

BigTxEars

The one very positive note about talking to DVC is they are not pushy hard closers. They gave us all the info, said have a great day, please call if we had any questions, take it home and look over it and if you decide please call us. And I looked at the rep (Ramon) at the DVC membership building in Disneyland and said, sign me up. He was taken back because I heard the presentation, it made sense and wrote the check. He said that isn't something that happens too often.

I was just sick of paying for hotel rooms twice a year and wasting more money than the DVC would have cost me.

Agree VERY low to no pressure from them when we talked to them, heck it was no pressure at all really.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agree VERY low to no pressure from them when we talked to them, heck it was no pressure at all really.
I think DVC sells itself compard to a lot of timeshares.

I spent a long weekend at the DVC in Hilton Head this past summer. Really nice resort and we loved Hilton Head Island itself. The only turnoff we had was an over aggressive timeshare salesman for one of the other local timeshares. We went to a restaurant for breakfast and on the way out this guy had a little kiosk setup. I was paying the bill and my wife and kids (4 and 7) walked out before me. He got to my kids first and handed them pamphlets and asking them if they wanted to go on a dolphin cruise or fishing on a boat. Of course my kids were hooked. If we took a timeshare tour we could get some of these freebies. I don't mind the guy asking people if they want to take a tour in exchange for free stuff, but trying to entice kids with free stuff is low. When I walked out and figured out what was going on I politely said "no thanks" and dragged the kids away. I guess he thought he had a live one that was getting away since he kept yelling to us even across the parking lot. Really rude and unprofessional. The DVC people are much less "salesman types" and more reserved.

BigTxEars

I think DVC sells itself compard to a lot of timeshares.

I spent a long weekend at the DVC in Hilton Head this past summer. Really nice resort and we loved Hilton Head Island itself. The only turnoff we had was an over aggressive timeshare salesman for one of the other local timeshares. We went to a restaurant for breakfast and on the way out this guy had a little kiosk setup. I was paying the bill and my wife and kids (4 and 7) walked out before me. He got to my kids first and handed them pamphlets and asking them if they wanted to go on a dolphin cruise or fishing on a boat. Of course my kids were hooked. If we took a timeshare tour we could get some of these freebies. I don't mind the guy asking people if they want to take a tour in exchange for free stuff, but trying to entice kids with free stuff is low. When I walked out and figured out what was going on I politely said "no thanks" and dragged the kids away. I guess he thought he had a live one that was getting away since he kept yelling to us even across the parking lot. Really rude and unprofessional. The DVC people are much less "salesman types" and more reserved.

Wow using the kids? That is extremely low....scumbag like really. Would not do business with them after that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom