Cupcakes!

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
I'll be in WDW for just a couple days and will be visiting MK, Poly, CR, DtD, GF, and PO. My question is, where can I get good cupcakes at these locations?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
MK ~ Main Street Confectionery, Cheshire Cat snacks, Big Top snacks (near Dumbo)
Poly ~ Capt. Cooks
Contemporary ~ Contempo Cafe
Grand Floridian ~ Gasparilla's
Port Orleans Riverside ~ Riverside Mill

All of the above have cupcakes. Flavors change, so you'll have to scope them out yourself :hungry:

NMBC1993

My personal recommendation is Contempo Cafe! Their seasonal cupcakes are always amazing and a nice change of pace from the standard cupcake:hungry:

Last edited:

horizons82

One thing I will say about cupcakes around WDW...

We've tried ones at Contempo Café and other places that have been delish, but some we've had at places like Boardwalk Bakery were not quite as good--the biggest difference has been that some (like the ones at Boardwalk) had a much lighter (almost a whipped) kind of icing, whereas the ones we like the most have a much heavier, richer icing.

Anyone else notice a substantial difference in icing between cupcakes? It's hard to tell which icing it will be because they all look really good.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One thing I will say about cupcakes around WDW...

We've tried ones at Contempo Café and other places that have been delish, but some we've had at places like Boardwalk Bakery were not quite as good--the biggest difference has been that some (like the ones at Boardwalk) had a much lighter (almost a whipped) kind of icing, whereas the ones we like the most have a much heavier, richer icing.

Anyone else notice a substantial difference in icing between cupcakes? It's hard to tell which icing it will be because they all look really good.
You are going to find 3 different icings used. The thicker one is a butter creme frosting. The lighter is a whipped cream icing and on a few you will fine a meringue topping.

I am far from an expert, but if I am not mistaken most of the specialty cupcakes seem to favor butter cream, and occasionally meringue, but should be consistent no matter when you get them. (eg the black-forest cupcake will always use butter cream)

The regular run of the mill cupcakes can be either or, but I always seem to get whipped icing on them.

The link I posted above will on occasion go into detail about what is used on each cupcake.

horizons82

Thank you very much for the informative response. I did in fact look at that link earlier, but only now--after looking at it again--do I realize that clicking on the cupcake itself will give a much more informative and fuller description which includes the icing. Thank you greatly for this!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you very much for the informative response. I did in fact look at that link earlier, but only now--after looking at it again--do I realize that clicking on the cupcake itself will give a much more informative and fuller description which includes the icing. Thank you greatly for this!
Anything I can do to expand waistlines and put people into sugar comas.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom