CSR vs All Star Movies

Aislinn Schepers

Original Poster
We are staying at OKW in January but decided to go a few days earlier to celebrate a birthday. All star movies was our original reservation but we changed it to Coronado Springs for the transportation. I am still on the fence about which resort we should go to as it is only for three nights. What would everyone recommend? The party has a teenager who really really loves Disney World so we want to make it special.

slappy magoo

What the bird said. Unless money becomes an issue, I'd always prefer a moderate over a value (especially an All-Star). Bigger rooms, bigger beds, and Coronado has as many onsite dining options as quite a few of the deluxe resorts. Better pool, onsite gym if you want it, a touch of nightlife (for you, not the teen)if you want it. You made a better choice IMHO.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In regards to resort itself, Coronado will win hands down as it is a moderate while the All Stars are a value. The pools are better, the rooms are better, the grounds are better and the restaurants are better.

However, where the All Stars can be better is transportation. The All Stars has a single bus stop with a dedicated bus system almost all the time. While Coronado has a dedicated system as well, there are multiple stops at the resort (5 if memory serves me correctly). Those multiple stops can add some time to your trips to the parks.

Goofyque'

We stay in the room such a short amount of time, we are excited about our ASM stay in two weeks. The transportation is always awesome, especially during the holiday. Now if it was between ASM and POFQ, then I would have to go mod. ;)

SteveBrickNJ

Goofyque,
I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside 5 years ago and I was given a room in a section far from the food court building. At night I went for a walk to the gift shop and on the way back I got lost LOL. The numerous buildings don't line up.....and.... They all look the same! The numbers from building to building didn't give ME a clue to any pattern. A baggage deliverer helped me out. How embarrassing! At least the Value Resorts are logically laid out. :)

BigRedDad

Order of preference if money were no object: Monorail Deluxe >> Deluxe >> Moderate >> Value. But since I am stingy, I go with the least expensive. If you are choosing between CSR and AS, the choice is simple.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only downside to CSR is that many of the rooms are a hike from the main building. ASM not so much.
While there are sections that are a decent distance from the main building, It is actually not quite as bad as many make it out to be.

I deliberately stayed in building 7A back when I was a TA and my average walk time to the front of the resort was less than 10 minutes. Sure, it is better to be closer, but I have not let room location dissuade me from staying at Coronado since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom