1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

CSR room rehab coming soon

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by Buzz2001, May 8, 2015.

1. WALL-E fan

WALL-E fan New Member

We have reservations starting in mid May and requested the cabanas. Do you know if they are going to renovating them during that time frame?

2. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

Ah I was hoping they might add a pull down bed like at cbr and por. I know they sometimes tweak the test rooms

3. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics! The upgrades look great!

Oh an d YAY for Keurig machines! This allows guests to bring their favorite coffee from home without having to pack filters, coffee grounds, etc etc

4. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

I like the new bed runners better and so much space for toiletries. Not sure about enough storage for family of four clothes though

5. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

Hope we can get more rooms and remodels with walk in showers, instead of tubs. Looks good.

SosoDude likes this.
  6. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

Lots and lots of counter space - very useful with 3 females in 1 room :hilarious:

7. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

Ah I just revisited the photos Buzz posted there are actually 6 drawers for clothes so that means 2 drawers each for girls in our family, and dh can live out of suitcase for 10 nights so that is actually ok and doable ! As long as we have our cosmetic counter space ;)

8. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

I just received an email from Disney today about the resort renovations. It specified that although there is construction happening, the resort amenities will all still be open during.

SosoDude and JennSmith like this.
  9. emma c

emma c Well-Known Member

What do u think the chances of getting a refurb room are? We going next in May 10-20? Don't really care about on construction work to be honest been going on behind r hse all year so used to the noise!

10. Jahona

Jahona Well-Known Member

If you try to reserve in the Ranchos section then you have a better chance of getting a room. Although only 7a has been completed to my knowledge.

11. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 Well-Known Member Original Poster

7a is close. It should have been opened by now but there has been some delays.

12. Buzz2001

New room video of rancho 7a

bee, Jahona, dmw and 2 others like this.
  13. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

Great video! The rooms looks great I really like the art work of the Three Caballeros!

SosoDude and Buzz2001 like this.
  14. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

Wow very nice room. Thanks for sharing. I love the big tv and the new bathroom design makes it appear much more spacious.

SosoDude and Buzz2001 like this.
  15. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Yikes! Is that what they're all going to look like, or has the décor been toned down for "business" guests? On the one hand, I love the redesigned furniture and sink area, which make more efficient use of the space and increase the room's flexibility for families, in addition to being attractive.

On the other hand, this room looks incredibly stale, bland, boring and colorless (dominated by large expanses of brown, white or gray) -- so much so that I think the refurb would make me less likely to stay at CS rather than more likely. The Three Caballeros art is terrific, but it doesn't do enough to make the room look like it belongs in Coronado Springs rather than in a hospital. The American Southwest is full of colorful tile, colorful fabric, colorful art and colorful buildings -- why couldn't the designers have kept some of that (albeit in a tasteful way)? I thought that the previous iteration of the rooms (which was, itself, a GIANT improvement over the 80's-style bedding and dark woods that dominated the décor when I stayed there in 2005) struck a nice balance of color, texture and grown-up modernity. This new décor only captures the latter, and is sterile almost to the point of looking like it belongs at the Contemporary (or in the storage warehouse of your local IKEA) instead of Coronado Springs. You could find a hotel room just like this (sans the pictures on the wall) ANYWHERE.

Naturally, this is just my subjective opinion, and I'm sure that many will love it. I just find it jarringly bland (how's that for an oxymoron)?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    bee likes this.
  16. Buzz2001

bee and Weather_Lady like this.
  17. TourlandoFL

TourlandoFL New Member

Still no bed runners in the new rooms this past weekend. The space under the beds to store suitcases is great, tons of bathroom storage and the long desk/drawers/coffee built-in makes for an excellent drop zone.

Attached Files:

18. Buzz2001

They did the same thing when the rooms were renovation 7 years ago. They didn't put out the runners until almost all the rooms were complete. Not sure why.