Crystal Palace

natolij02

Original Poster
The menus I am finding online are pretty vague as to what actually is served. Can some one give a bit more detail about what is at this buffet? My DH really is more into "different" types of foods and likes places like Boma, 1900 PF, so I am worried he might not like this CP. To give you reference, he was not a huge fan of the food at Chef Mickey's but of coarse loved the character part especially for our daughter. If anyone has any pics of the buffet or the food at CP that would be great!

Disney4family

I've tried googling to help you. Www.disneyfoodblog.com/ crystal-palace/ has both Disney's version of dinner and AllEarsNet version. Neither really provide you with a lot of specific info, although allears has reader reviews.

We had dinner there back in 2006. From what I remember, it was like being at a wedding reception. They had a nice selection of carved meats. They will serve it to you the way you like it. We thought it was fine. We do prefer breakfast there.

EmmieSue

We had dinner there on mother's day and then had Chef Mickey's for dinner two nights later. The carving station meats were exactly the same. Honestly it was all pretty similar. Chef Mickey's seemed to have a bit more variety though honestly. They definitely don't have any really out there foods. They are pretty much standard American buffet foods.

HouCuseChickie

i can try and post some pics of the food we got off of the dinner buffet back in 2012. While I found it better than Chef Mickeys, it still wasn't great or anything overly interesting.

Flyersgirl17

Sorry, I should have specified......Dinner

We had both breakfast and dinner at CP. We found ttthat dinner wasn't really all that great. The kids liked the mac & cheese and that was it. the nuggets were burnt and the carving stations took forever. Maybe it was just the dy but we also had breakfast & dinner at chef mickey and both times were great. More selections

UnhealthilyObsessed

Actually loved the dinner there. The most vegetables I've ever seen at a WDW restaurant and a variety of preparations; a nice departure from the usual meat-and-potatoes theme park fare. Plus the character interactions were great!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The menus I am finding online are pretty vague as to what actually is served. Can some one give a bit more detail about what is at this buffet? My DH really is more into "different" types of foods and likes places like Boma, 1900 PF, so I am worried he might not like this CP. To give you reference, he was not a huge fan of the food at Chef Mickey's but of coarse loved the character part especially for our daughter. If anyone has any pics of the buffet or the food at CP that would be great!
Here is a look at the full buffet
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-crystal-palace/gallery/03mar2015-the-crystal-palace---dinner.htm

HouCuseChickie

I wish I could remember everything pictured...but you can decide for yourself how it looks...

8234050250_9c20ce6b34.jpg

8234049244_bc8a1c78ce.jpg

8234048240_aaa18e8ecd.jpg

Like I said, I don't remember what everything is...but these are some pics of plated food from the Crystal Palace dinner buffet.

DisneyDebNJ

As much as I love Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for breakfast, I am not a huge fan of either for dinner.. Not that it's bad but there are so many better choices for dinners in my very honest opinion. Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's is pretty close in comparison regarding dinner offerings. (Sides such as pasta, potatoes, veggies and carving stations, with a bevy of desserts) Magic Kingdom doesn't have alot of table service restaurants to choose from (yes, there's always Be Our Guest, but that's a hard ADR to get) but don't overlook the monorail resorts :) GFC, there's always 1900 Park Fare, Wilderness Lodge, you have Whispering Canyon Cafe. Perhaps it would be worth a boat ride to Magic Kingdom?

natolij02

Original Poster
As much as I love Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for breakfast, I am not a huge fan of either for dinner.. Not that it's bad but there are so many better choices for dinners in my very honest opinion. Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's is pretty close in comparison regarding dinner offerings. (Sides such as pasta, potatoes, veggies and carving stations, with a bevy of desserts) Magic Kingdom doesn't have alot of table service restaurants to choose from (yes, there's always Be Our Guest, but that's a hard ADR to get) but don't overlook the monorail resorts :) GFC, there's always 1900 Park Fare, Wilderness Lodge, you have Whispering Canyon Cafe. Perhaps it would be worth a boat ride to Magic Kingdom?

We are doing 1900 Park Fare. We usually do that one every year. We have done Whispering Canyon before and it was good but I liked the idea of another character meal which is why we considered Crystal Palace. Does the boat take you 1900 Park Fare from MK?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does the boat take you 1900 Park Fare from MK?
Board the Resort Boat Launch to Polynesian/Grand Floridian. The boat will stop at Grand Floridian first. From the dock it is a short walk to the main building. 1900 Park Fare is on the ground level, with the entrance off the lobby.

TXDisney

We like doing the breakfast there a lot more. Bog is the only in park restaurant we like at MK. We love the resort restaurants though. V&A and California grill specifically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom