Cruz Ramirez from Cars 3 now meeting in Carsland

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
upload_2017-6-28_21-52-23.png

upload_2017-6-28_21-53-20.png

Phroobar

I saw it last night with the kids. We enjoyed it and the story was pretty good. It's much better than Cars 2 and has less Matter. I like that they brought the Car Guys back from their NPR show. Ray did most of the talking since Tom died a few years ago. Cruz Ramirez is McQueen's trainer helping him get back into shape to go against the new cars for one last race before forced retirement. McQueen wants to decided when he will retire and tries to win the race to prove the point. She helps him train Rocky 4 style but ends up being mentored by McQueen instead.

Phroobar

The Cars movies are my least favorite Pixar movies, but this is my favorite Cars movie. The animation is absolutely gorgeous and worth going to the movie theater for to see it on a large screen.
A lot of the nature driving scenes where breathtaking. It's amazing how much better Cars 3 looks than Cars or even Toy Story 3 vs the original Toy Story. CG tech has improved a lot. Pixar almost needs to make a HD version of their old movies like game developers do for the PS4.

No Name

I saw it and thought it was really good. Though I've enjoyed all of the Cars movies, so I don't know how you'd find it to be.

As for the drivearound characters, I think they'd be leagues better with moving mouths. The animatronic ones in RSR have moving mouths. Aside from the expense, I don't see why these couldn't as well. Yes, it's expensive and requires maintenance, but I think it would be crazy impressive.

TP2000

As for the drivearound characters, I think they'd be leagues better with moving mouths. The animatronic ones in RSR have moving mouths. Aside from the expense, I don't see why these couldn't as well. Yes, it's expensive and requires maintenance, but I think it would be crazy impressive.

Agreed. It would be very, very impressive.

It would also cost some money. Not Billions of dollars, but likely a few hundred thousand.

And yet Disney pays a small army of marketing folks to Tweet every darn day about new donuts for sale, or new Made In Communist China t-shirts for sale, or new upcharge events like Skyline Lounge for sale. And the 75K to 125K salary/benefits of just two or three of those marketing cubicle dweebs could pay for the introduction of improved technology on the Cars characters in Cars Land.

But somehow in this warped 21st century world, employing some cubicle drones to Tweet about new Chinese-made plastic junk for sale is more important than putting on a better show for the paying customers in the parks. Walt would hate that.

Also... Cruz Ramirez is a girl?!? I assumed he was a boy. But it's a girl? Weird.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Agreed. It would be very, very impressive.

It would also cost some money. Not Billions of dollars, but likely a few hundred thousand.

And yet Disney pays a small army of marketing folks to Tweet every darn day about new donuts for sale, or new Made In Communist China t-shirts for sale, or new upcharge events for sale. And the 75K to 125K salary/benefits of just two or three of those marketing cubicle dweebs could pay for the introduction of improved technology on the Cars characters in Cars Land.

But somehow in this warped 21st century world, employing some cubicle drones to Tweet about new Chinese-made plastic junk for sale is more important than putting on a better show for the paying customers in the parks. Walt would hate that.

Also... Cruz Ramirez is a girl?!? I assumed he was a boy. But it's a girl? Weird.

Yup, she's a girl!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom