Cruise dining question

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
My daughter and her husband are getting married this fall at disney and then taking their honeymoon on the wonder. Because they're having a destination wedding they've told guests to skip the gifts but I still have people asking who will bring something come hell or high water so what I was wondering is do the cruises have a dining plan like they do at the parks (so someone could pay for that for them) or has anyone used or been gifted things like specific experiences on a cruise or maybe a disney gift card? What are your experiences?

Bolna

I think there is even a wedding registry for Disney trips... Found it! This is the sample page for the cruise line: http://www.disney.honeymoonwishes.c...uise-Line-Natalie-Claufield-Adam-Douglas.html

I think it works so that you end up with a gift card that you can then apply to the experiences you asked for. But anyway, Disney gift cards would be great as you can have them added on your onboard account and then all the extras like Palo, spa, drinks will be deducted from that money.

fltink

I would recommend going the route of shipboard credits. Alcoholic drinks, coffee beverages from The Cove, spa treatments, shore excursions and tips can add up. I know my least favorite part of any cruise, (aside from having to be dragged off of the ship on disembarkation day), is getting that dreaded stateroom account sheet and seeing what the damage is. I would be so thrilled if, as a gift, a dent had been made in that balance!

mammaminnie

I completely agree with the idea of shipboard credits!! It will allow them to fully enjoy themselves without worrying about the bill. It might even afford them the opportunity to splurge on something they wouldn't otherwise (adult dining, spa etc).

wdwstateofmind

We used the Disney registry last May and had almost our entire honeymoon on the Fantasy paid for by our guests (after worrying people would think we were being too forward using it). Unless they ask for something specific like ears, most of the categories that are listed as credits, or excursions, just go in a general fund which is applied to your on-board credit. Whatever you don't use at the end they will apply to your checking account or send you a check in the mail. Well worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom