Crowds galore at WDW last week.

DisneyGirl3820

We were so disappointed by the amount of people at WDW last week. We couldn't just walk onto any ride (accept Aladdin during the MNSSHP--woohoo). We had gone that week back in 2011 and it was empty, then last year it was crowded but this year takes the cake. We couldn't even get through Fantasyland without getting hit by people passing by. My daughter got hit several times in the back of her legs by double strollers and I was almost run over by someone on a scooter :grumpy:. I'm already planning for next year but refuse to go again that week. I know it's the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP but it has just gotten ridiculous. Thank goodness we had Fastpasses otherwise we would not have gone on any rides. We don't expect the parks to be empty but at least enjoyable and not dangerous LOL

We were thinking of going the first or second week of December next year....can someone tell me if that time might be less crowded?

alissafalco

Thanks, everyone for the good advice. Maybe we'll try early November after things have died down and before Thanksgiving break comes into play. Thanks again!
Yes, I went last year the first week in November and it was really nice. The parks were not crowded at all and all the xmas decorations were up. Its after all the Halloween craziness and long enough before the crazy Thanksgiving break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We were so disappointed by the amount of people at WDW last week. We couldn't just walk onto any ride (accept Aladdin during the MNSSHP--woohoo). We had gone that week back in 2011 and it was empty, then last year it was crowded but this year takes the cake. We couldn't even get through Fantasyland without getting hit by people passing by. My daughter got hit several times in the back of her legs by double strollers and I was almost run over by someone on a scooter :grumpy:. I'm already planning for next year but refuse to go again that week. I know it's the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP but it has just gotten ridiculous. Thank goodness we had Fastpasses otherwise we would not have gone on any rides. We don't expect the parks to be empty but at least enjoyable and not dangerous LOL

We were thinking of going the first or second week of December next year....can someone tell me if that time might be less crowded?

In addition to the fact that the crowds build fast during the month of October (and that people are getting more aggressive and rude all the time -- we've had the same issues with strollers and scooters!!!), you're also looking at the "new normal" under FP+. There are virtually no "walk-on" attractions anymore, because FP+ has redistributed crowds and waits. Former FP-free walk-ons that are now FP+-enabled (POTC, HM, Magic Carpets and Dinosaur being among the most extreme examples) now have waits that rival the headliners at times.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

That and the Rundisney Tower of Terror Terror 10 miler weekend may have been going on while you were there, That's usually the first weekend of October and that obviously brings in more people.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

The first week of December in my experience was great! One of the lowest crowd experiences I've ever had. But it was 2006, and could be very different by now. We are planning on next late Sept/early Oct, and already all the villa's are booked. I couldn't believe how much was booked already. We changed our plan from BWV to FQ standard rooms. I chalked it up to food & wine/halloween party, but the fall breaks are something I'm just learning about now.

Upvote 0

Mr Anderson

We went Oct 13-18th and had a similar experience with crowds. I'm changing our trip to September next year even if it means missing more school. As for December, I went December 3-10th back in 2010 and there were no crowds at all. It was wonderful.
You have no idea how happy I am to hear this. My wife and I are going this year from December 4-12th, and I really didn't know what to expect, even though the crowd calendars say the crowds will be low. I hope we experience what you did back in 2010!

We usually go in September and enjoy the light-medium crowds (depending on when you go in the month).

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We were there last week too... it was crowded but I've seen worst.

MK was by far the most crowded and miserable for us... didn't really enjoy it at all. I think that was because only Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday were regular hours and anyone not going to MNSSHP were trying to take advantage of the longer hours. We visited both Saturday & Monday and were only successful in doing everything because we had two days. Everything was 30+ minutes, even small world. Saturday night, they closed the tomorrowland bridge just before Wishes, and it took us 35 minutes to get from The Plaza to Adventureland. CMs were yelling, children were crying, people were getting frustrated. It was a total gridlock in front of Crystal Palace.

Both Epcot & Hollywood were parks we hit at opening. We walked onto almost everything except Living w/ the land (waited 20 minutes, first time ever waiting for that!), waited about 20 minutes for Spaceship Earth (but we walked on later in the night and rode it twice without getting off), and the great movie ride (waited about 20 minutes as well).

We did notice that every time we got in a short line, by the time we got off the ride, the wait time have doubled or tripled! So we may have just been lucky or moving faster than most.

AK was pretty empty on 10/21. EE had a high of 35 minutes all day but we rode 5 times back to back first thing in the morning and had a fastpass for it later in the day but didn't use it.

We went to Universal on 10/22 and hit both Gringotts & FJ at park opening (USF opened at 8, IOA opened at 9). We then walked on everything else. Rode RRR 3 times in a row. Rode the dragon challenge 3 times that day.
We only waited for Despicable Me and that was about 25 minutes.

I have decided to avoid emh unless its morning emh hours.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We live 3 hrs south and go to Disney a lot. We always go the second week of Dec. every year. No crowds! First week has Pop Warner football that stays at the values but doesn't effect the parks much. Also have the taping of the Christmas Parade that first weekend making Magic Kingdom crowded for a few days. Weather is always good at that time being out of the rainy season.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom