Crowds galore at WDW last week.

DisneyGirl3820

We were so disappointed by the amount of people at WDW last week. We couldn't just walk onto any ride (accept Aladdin during the MNSSHP--woohoo). We had gone that week back in 2011 and it was empty, then last year it was crowded but this year takes the cake. We couldn't even get through Fantasyland without getting hit by people passing by. My daughter got hit several times in the back of her legs by double strollers and I was almost run over by someone on a scooter :grumpy:. I'm already planning for next year but refuse to go again that week. I know it's the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP but it has just gotten ridiculous. Thank goodness we had Fastpasses otherwise we would not have gone on any rides. We don't expect the parks to be empty but at least enjoyable and not dangerous LOL

We were thinking of going the first or second week of December next year....can someone tell me if that time might be less crowded?

ToTBellHop

Sorry to read you had a bad experience.
I don't understand why people with strollers and scooters are not being careful when in a crowd. Accidents can happen, of course, but it seems people are just selfish and not paying attention anymore.
As one who has a double stroller, I can tell you that a good number of guests, in general, do not pay attention to their surroundings any more. I've had people literally walk into my stopped stroller and give me a dirty face. Can't wait til the boys are old enough to go without the stroller altogether. Dare to dream.

Upvote 0

smk

Fall break for schools. Schools here in Indiana are on what they call "balanced" schedules, meaning fall break is two weeks, Christmas break is two weeks etc... so more people choose to travel on those longer breaks. I know a bazillion people who went to WDW last week and the week before, all from around here.

Upvote 0

Figmentation

October is not the best time to go anymore
Maybe the first week, but with schools going to full year/balanced schedules (I am also in Indiana), 2 weeks off during October does the job of filling the parks up.

For us, the 'best' times to go now:
Mid January - Mid march
Mid Sept to Early Oct
Early Nov

But even then those are hit or miss.

We tend to go on our trips Late September - Thats the start of Not so Scary Halloween/Halloween Horror Nights, and In the middle of the Food and Wine Festival. :)
And schools are not quite out yet for break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tlev

We went Oct 13-18th and had a similar experience with crowds. I'm changing our trip to September next year even if it means missing more school. As for December, I went December 3-10th back in 2010 and there were no crowds at all. It was wonderful.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
As one who has a double stroller, I can tell you that a good number of guests, in general, do not pay attention to their surroundings any more. I've had people literally walk into my stopped stroller and give me a dirty face. Can't wait til the boys are old enough to go without the stroller altogether. Dare to dream.

I was parked next to a wall and had someone walk into the the side of my stroller. If I hadn't been there they would have walked into the side of the building. Though some stroller pushers don't care or pay attention either.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Beginning of Nov sees Jersey week. Lots of school in DC Metro area also have off a few days too so lots of people will take off the whole week and to got WDW. We went last year, it wasn't crazy but it was 5-7 out of 10.

Upvote 0

COrunner

October definitely used to the be the time. But I think in the past 10 years the idea of 'fall break' has really taken over so no more :(

I'm hoping that late Jan/Early Feb holds as a good time. We've done that sporadically over the past 5 years and unless you get unlucky with BTG's or the Cheerleading championship it has been good.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Fall break for schools. Schools here in Indiana are on what they call "balanced" schedules, meaning fall break is two weeks, Christmas break is two weeks etc... so more people choose to travel on those longer breaks. I know a bazillion people who went to WDW last week and the week before, all from around here.

I live in Indiana too and my son was out of school for two weeks as well for this ridiculous "balanced schedule" crap. I may very well take him out of classes next year during a slower time of the year.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

I was just there for a week starting October 12 and it wasn't busy, moderate at best. I had hardly any lines and Epcot wasn't even really that busy for food & wine. It's just hit or miss any time you go during the year. Heck I went in July for a week and that's one of the highest in crowds during the year and again, I got lucky cause it was moderate waits not bad at all

Upvote 0

smk

Mid November (week before T'Giving) is always a great time. Crowds are very light, Xmas is up around the parks and the weather is awesome
This may well be my next new favorite time to go. Our Grandson has a November 14th birthday and before he gets too old to take out of school we plan to take him for his birthday. We have another grandbaby due in mid April and we already know that will be an awful time to visit! We normally go in September/early Octovber and have always enjoyed low crowds.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

This may well be my next new favorite time to go. Our Grandson has a November 14th birthday and before he gets too old to take out of school we plan to take him for his birthday. We have another grandbaby due in mid April and we already know that will be an awful time to visit! We normally go in September/early Octovber and have always enjoyed low crowds.

Yeah it is a great time, I'd definitely go again and probably will next month

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Yeah I already told my kids they will never go for their birthdays we have March, April and July birthdays in our house. Not good times for Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom