Crowd levels first week of June? Help!

The_Bellringer

Hello,

I am currently planning a surprise trip to wdw the first week of June for my parents and sister: I am a first-year teacher and can't really take off a week for a vacation while school is in session. (I mean I can but it would look terrible lol.)

How are crowds this time? Is it before the huge summer crowds or will I be in the thick of it? Just asking to know what to expect. Thanks!

disneyworlddad

I was there the first week of June and didn't think it was bad. Is it more crowded than off peak times yes I'm sure. One thing to note is that "Gay Days" usually happens this week. Not an official Disney event but google it and you will find their schedule for the whole thing. They have a specific park each day. Those parks are usually the busiest. I think some families avoid this week because of the event and I have heard travel agents inform clients of this. The only day we were at the same park as "Gay Days" was the last day of our trip which was a Saturday at Magic Kingdom. It was very crowded but it didn't affect us having a good time.

Upvote 0

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
I was there the first week of June and didn't think it was bad. Is it more crowded than off peak times yes I'm sure. One thing to note is that "Gay Days" usually happens this week. Not an official Disney event but google it and you will find their schedule for the whole thing. They have a specific park each day. Those parks are usually the busiest. I think some families avoid this week because of the event and I have heard travel agents inform clients of this. The only day we were at the same park as "Gay Days" was the last day of our trip which was a Saturday at Magic Kingdom. It was very crowded but it didn't affect us having a good time.
What about late July? Would that be busier?

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Late July is much more busy, you are in the heart of summer, and people are making the most of it and enjoying WDW. I'd recommend going first week of June instead of late July.

Upvote 0

monykalyn

We've gone both very early June and late June - early June (first 2 weeks) is a great time to go-not usually "surface of the sun hot" and humid yet (noticeably hotter last week of June), and crowds aren't yet at peak. We were there during "gay days" 2 years ago and never noticed any difference either in crowds or or anything else. It was also Star Wars Weekends when we went even those weekends weren't terribly crowded to me (had a good touring plan though:)). .
We are going 2nd week in August this year (dropping DD off for her DCP) and I know we are going to miss being able to go in June instead.
The thing that might really impact crowds this year is the opening of Pandora late May...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom