cremated ashes at WDW

TXDisney

I'd never break any rules at Disney but this is something I believe they should allow into lakes or something early in the mornings or late at nights even if they wanted to charge.

Goofyernmost

Toss a bit of my ashes into the waterways near Journey into Imagination, where it winds around the gardens.
Which would be the equivalent of flushing them down the Toilet, but, @JoeCamel just said... wow a really good chance for an up-charge there. I have heard for years about people wanting their ashes brought to WDW. They could actually make a memorial area in one of those unused spots of land and I think it would work. (ashes only). Not in the middle of a theme park, unobtrusively off to one side, like maybe where they are putting the tents? People would want to use them strictly as a last resort.

KraftServices

They could actually make a memorial area in one of those unused spots of land and I think it would work. (ashes only). Not in the middle of a theme park, unobtrusively off to one side, like maybe where they are putting the tents? People would want to use them strictly as a last resort.

I like that idea. Surely they could find a spot somewhere, essentially just have it as a small park, but not in the theme park areas themselves. Maybe charge people or maybe not to dump ashes, but have a record of the ashes in the park at least.

RebeccaMcK

Personally, for some time now I've had the desire to have my cremated ashes blasted out along with any major fireworks going on in Magic Kingdom. Or Disneyland.....I've spent a lot of time and money at both places. Since that most likely can't happen, my survivors sort of vow to sprinkle me in small bits into various shrubberies and flower beds. I'm 46 now and if I lead a long life maybe some day the laws might change. ETA: I'd leave my survivors enough money to at least pay for any upcharge.

rct247

If Disney discovers that ashes are spread on a ride, it goes down temporarily and they come in to suck then up in a shop vac, put into a biohazard bag and are disposed of. So not only do those sacred ashes get a less than desired treatment, they affect hundreds of Guests who visit the parks to find the ride is temporarily down while they clean up the mess. Haunted Mansion is the most popular choice.

parkhopper1213

Here is a chance for Disney to make more money off of families. They could sell niche spaces for ashes, or have that person's favorite character scatter the ashes in a designated place.

thomas998

Which would be the equivalent of flushing them down the Toilet, but, @JoeCamel just said... wow a really good chance for an up-charge there. I have heard for years about people wanting their ashes brought to WDW. They could actually make a memorial area in one of those unused spots of land and I think it would work. (ashes only). Not in the middle of a theme park, unobtrusively off to one side, like maybe where they are putting the tents? People would want to use them strictly as a last resort.
Now you've given me a brilliant money making scheme... I'll advertise spreading ashes of loved ones in places like Disney World, Disneyland or where ever... Then I'll take the ashes in with me, enter the bathroom at said venue and promptly spread them into the crystal clear toilet water before flushing them... That way the dead get the send off they dreamed of, the family doesn't have to sneak in and break any rules, and I can make some money while providing myself another excuse to visit Disney.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This is a little scary :). Why? WDW has a LOT of Swamp Land. Areas that they simply can NOT build on.

So - the question.... when a piece of land is designated as a "Wetland Area", per Federal Government..... any restrictions on dumping cremated human remains over it? :). I don't know - do you?

THIS could be a "Bingo Moment" for WDW. Charge like HELL for the service, you get to be "on property" forever, and it costs them NOTHING :).

GVentola

I'm one of those who wants her ashes spread on Disney property. It doesn't have to be at one of theme parks. It can be for a special memorial park/mauseleum/cemetary. I think Disney really should honor the dying wishes of its greatest fans who want at least a part of them at Disney forever. I think that's more important than a ride being shut down and inconveniencing living guests. If they don't allow that for me, I'll come back and haunt them. I started a petition for Disney to set aside some grounds for a memorial park, but it was on change.org and that site works erratically, and I don't think anybody's ever seen my post.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is a little scary :). Why? WDW has a LOT of Swamp Land. Areas that they simply can NOT build on.

So - the question.... when a piece of land is designated as a "Wetland Area", per Federal Government..... any restrictions on dumping cremated human remains over it? :). I don't know - do you?

THIS could be a "Bingo Moment" for WDW. Charge like HELL for the service, you get to be "on property" forever, and it costs them NOTHING :).

Disney's Happy Haunts Cemetary...Where all your dreams....Come to Die.....

Monorail_Red_77

It wouldn't really be that hard to do for Disney to sell a few acres to a spin-off company owned by Disney. Then build a proper crypt area. Think of it like Golden Oak. The sold that land off to Golden Oak Realty, LLC which Disney still owns. It's just not a part of WDW Property proper. So it is still a part of WDW but the owners cannot vote in WDW matters, etc. They could do something like that. Maybe over in that same area by Ft Wilderness, Golden Oak and the old STOL port general area. It would be out of the way yet still accessible via Vista Blvd. They could go with outdoors or indoors. Probably Indoors would be better, more secure.

However, I'm sure there is the side to consider about the negative. Ewww I don't want to go to Disney World cause there's a cemetery there.

But, I still think its a good idea and may come to reality down the road in the next 20 or 50 years. It would hopefully stop all of the illegal disposals.

Monorail_Red_77

On the living side of this issue. I have often wondered how long you could camp in the undeveloped areas of WDW Property before you get caught. You know all of the conservation land where you are not supposed to be. I won't go into too much more detail though.

Cmdr_Crimson

However, I'm sure there is the side to consider about the negative. Ewww I don't want to go to Disney World cause there's a cemetery there.
Yeah don't tell them about this place then...It's awful...:rolleyes:
01%20Sign.jpg

BrittanyRose428

Totally just stating an opinion here, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who is truly interested in it, but I feel like there are so many arguments against this rather than for it. The only pro of this scenario is that the deceased and/or the family is happy. It's a headache for CMs (and guests when attractions need to be shut down to clean it up) and it's also crappy because then the family's loved ones end up in the garbage like others have said.

The permanent memorial idea also strikes me as too morbid (and this coming from someone who is actually kind of obsessed with cemeteries). Again, no disrespect to anyone but having a permanent place for remains anywhere on Disney property just doesn't sit with me right-- I'm going there to escape the realities of the real world, and I feel there are much more appropriate ways to give a deceased one a Disney tribute without leaving ashes somewhere they don't belong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom